Page 1 of 2
Just looked in the electric guitar forum and theres no love for us Ibanez players. So this forum is for all of us (including me obviously). Just figured Id give it a shot if it doesnt work out oh well!
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Love them

I've owned 3 including the custom one I play now and they're great guitars for the money.

I'm currently keeping my eye open for a nice MIJ RG to add to my collection.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I have an Ibanez SA260FM, i love it! I do hate the RG's that have that damn EDGE 3 trem on them. There is good and bad in all guitar companies.
Don't eat me for this, but what is the difference between the Edge 3, Edge Pro etc.
Advantages and disadvantages?
Edge 3 is pretty cheap I dont like it but cant afford another trem atm, Edge Pro is MUCH better
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Edge 3 is pretty cheap I dont like it but cant afford another trem atm, Edge Pro is MUCH better

I just sold an ibanez rg350dx yesterday. I gave the guy a hell of a good deal because i was so frustrated with it, and i just wanted it out of my sight before i took it out back and unloaded my shotgun on it. I do like Ibanez, But like i said, i prefer the S series over the RG series. I used to have an ibanez AXS that was a nice guitar as well, it got stolen out of my jeep.
^ fair enough. How difficult is it to change the strings on a locking bridge? I've only played them, not done any changes to em.
^ It's not a huge pain in the ass once you're used to them,but it can be annoying especially on the cheaper ones.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by ShallowEndings
^ fair enough. How difficult is it to change the strings on a locking bridge? I've only played them, not done any changes to em.

On the edge 3 i had a hell of a time, i never could get it right. But i am far from an expert on double locking trems.
Its not that difficult to change strings once you get used to it basically the process goes the same as normal except you gotta cut the ball end off and screw it into the string lockers.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Its not that difficult to change strings once you get used to it basically the process goes the same as normal except you gotta cut the ball end off and screw it into the string lockers.

To much for me to handle. I'll stick with fixed bridges
Changing strings really pisses me off. lol
Quote by Lethal Dosage

i always just put the string though the tuning peg, and straight into the string locker. So the ball end was up by the tuners, Then once i had them wrapped around the tuner i would cut the ball off up by the headstock.
got an RG1570 saving up to buy a RG2120X **** yeah!
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
I read somewhere that on some new RG's, you dont have to cut the balls off, i think its on the prestige models, but i can remember seein it somewhere.
Quote by ShallowEndings
I read somewhere that on some new RG's, you dont have to cut the balls off, i think its on the prestige models, but i can remember seein it somewhere.

The Edge Pro bridge no longer requires you to cut the ball end. it's really not a necessary feature but it is there in case you are lazy or don't have wire cutters at hand.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
The Edge Pro bridge no longer requires you to cut the ball end. it's really not a necessary feature but it is there in case you are lazy or don't have wire cutters at hand.

Suits me perfectly
'92 RG550 owner here. just recently had a chance to purchase a RG560 and RG570 but instead bought a differenty guitar which arrives in february
Quote by azn_guitarist25
'92 RG550 owner here. just recently had a chance to purchase a RG560 and RG570 but instead bought a differenty guitar which arrives in february

Wat sort you get instead?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Caparison Dellinger II

Wow. Why is it gunna take so long to reach you. Where you gettin it from?
Quote by ShallowEndings
Wow. Why is it gunna take so long to reach you. Where you gettin it from?

bmusic as with most of my gear and 'cos guitar is being built in January sometime and should arrive in aus in february.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
bmusic as with most of my gear and 'cos guitar is being built in January sometime and should arrive in aus in february.

Thats where i got all my straps, strings, cords etc. Considering i live in N.S.W and its in S.A. But i can get Dunlop strings there n not here. only took a week postage. Good enough for me
there are a few i just rarely go their because most salesmen (bar a few) are cockheads who will only serve you if you look rich. oh well their loss not mine.
I really hate that so much. Or if your waiting for help, they go to the person with their wallet out counting their money first.
i have a red stock rg560 but for some reason it has a 550 neck,hmmm..but this guitar fits like a glove,by far the best feeling and sounding guitar ive played in my 20 years.i would not own another.....
Last edited by dannypannell at Dec 24, 2008,
Ibanez J Custom RG coming this spring... *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap*

Quote by dannypannell
i have a red stock rg560 but for some reason it has a 550 neck,hmmm..but this guitar fits like a glove,by far the best feeling and sounding guitar ive played in my 20 years.i would not own another.....

take the neck off and look at the stamp...can someone tell me why this neck is a 550 neck??
Quote by dannypannell
take the neck off and look at the stamp...can someone tell me why this neck is a 550 neck??

Parts guitar maybe?

Owners of two RG520.

Probably sell one of them down the road and get a RGA121 or PRS. Don't really use the trem that much anyway.
Page 1 of 2