A friend of mine just bought a new bass, the BC Rich Paolo Gregoletto signature warlock, and it keeps dying while he's playing it.

It'll be fine for like 10 minutes then all of a sudden the sound just drops right out. It has active pickups so he replaced the battery with a brand new one, still the same problem.

We opened up the back and the only thing we saw was one of the wires going to the battery pack had been cut and taped up with masking tape. It was soldered already so we just put electrical tape around it. That didn't fix the problem either.

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what it could be.
I'd blame that wire you said was cut and taped with masking tape...

If anything, try a different cable. I don't know if anything would contribute to it more than a faulty wire.
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
Could be the cable, I had one that would cut out every so often.

And did you solder it? Or was the masking tape over the solder?
step 1) sell the **** bass
step 2) buy working bass
step 3) jam

easy, huh?
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
Try soldering in a new wire. Could just be a terrible connection on that one
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
that wire may be it
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Bass First
Might be bad grounding, are you playing on carpet? And check that wiring again.

We double checked the wiring and there was nothing else wrong, and yeah, we were playing on a carpet.
well it sounds like everything we tell you to trouble shoot, tahts not it. so my guess is god just hates you guys and directly attacks the playability of the bass.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Strato-Massacre
well it sounds like everything we tell you to trouble shoot, tahts not it. so my guess is god just hates you guys and directly attacks the playability of the bass.

I hope that's not the case, cuz then it'll happen when he gets a new one >_>

Also, there's a nice story behind this bass.

About 6 months ago my friend ordered it from a local shop and put $200 down on it. They kept telling him it would only be a month or so for it to come in, and after 4 months we saw it on Musicians Friend, so he said **** it and got his money back, and ordered it from there.

After he ordered it the date for it to be in stock changed to the end of December. He called them up and they said that was wrong. So then it changed to the beginning of December. So then he decided not to trust what day it was until he finally got a confirmation saying it was shipped and it arrived last Friday.

He's not very happy right now.
Last edited by TheCaptain777 at Dec 17, 2008,
take the tape off and solder it. isn't hard i don't have a clue about electronics and still managed it
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by Andy2k64
take the tape off and solder it. isn't hard i don't have a clue about electronics and still managed it

It's already soldered.
Send it back.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?
Quote by |Heretic|
Send it back.

That's the last resort. We want to get it fixed if we can without sending it back, because with his luck they'll suddenly have none in stock. Or the truck shipping the new one will blow up.
if you ring them b4 hand they should put one aside to replace the broken one, or repair if if not
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?
Quote by |Heretic|
if you ring them b4 hand they should put one aside to replace the broken one, or repair if if not

We already called them. They said they can't reserve one for him. He'd have to hope there was another one in when they got his.
Sending it back and waiting for a new one is better than troubleshooting and messing around with a defective bass. It's obviously been tampered with at some point, and considering the $550+ spent on this bass, he should get what he paid for.