We only found out today that we have our first gig at a pub, but it's this Friday. We have 23 songs on our set list, but only know probably 15 off by heart. Is it OK to have music stands for the guitar players? What about a music stand with lyrics for the singer?

We described ourselves as an acoustic folk trio, and we'll be sitting on stools (singer might stand though).

Also on the topic of dress, will jeans and a tshirt be OK?

Cheers.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Just do whatever. I would understand if it was a metal or rock thing, but it sounds kinda mellow. Just do whatever, stands are fine, same with jeans and shirt.
Cheers dudes. Wasn't too sure as this is our first gig. I'm pretty pumped.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
set-list tapped 2 the floor,flat black music stands are IMPORTANT because they dont reflect the light from the cans. peace
When im at gigs if i don't have the song memorized i just tape a sheet with the chords on it to the stage, so you could just do that if you can't use a music stand....
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
Music stand.... ugh no... not for any kind of rock. Jazz or Orchestra work maybe, but as was once said to me by the great Pete Langman.... "do you see Slash with a music stand? No well don't use one in my lessons you fook."
Quote by RichieJovie
Music stand.... ugh no... not for any kind of rock. Jazz or Orchestra work maybe, but as was once said to me by the great Pete Langman.... "do you see Slash with a music stand? No well don't use one in my lessons you fook."

Slash is also only good at making riffs and jerking off in E pentatonic minor.

For the stuff it sounds like your doing, stands will be fine. If it was a big rock show, Id advise against, but it doesnt sound that way at all.

In fact, when I see musicians with stands, I instantly have more respect for them. Maybe something to do with the assumption that they can read music? Idk
it doesn't matter. do whatever. plus all that matters is if you sound good. it would be better if you'd memorize the song
For that kind of gig. having a songbook on a stand is fine. If it was a rock show, you really don't want to look like you're reading.

However, the *most important thing of all* is to sound good. If your choices are going up there (even if you're a G'n'R tribute band or something) with papers on music stands and nailing the songs down nice and tight, or getting up without stands, rocking out, though with everyone playing different chords, different arrangements, and the singer not knowing half the words, I think it's obvious which one would be better.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.