Any tips for a bassist trying to write a guitar part for a song? Or drums, for that matter?

THX sooo much!
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
Change your name to Steve Harris and then just start messing around. Do you own a 6-string guitar? Definitely write the guitar parts on a guitar if you can.

If you've come up with a bassline, see what chords would be appropriate for that riff; it is likely that you had a progression in mind when you came up with the riff.

Standard drumming has the kick drum on 1 2 3 4, the snare and hi-hat on 2 4, and the ride cymbal in 8th-notes. There are plenty of ways to vary this, but the most important aspect of 4/4 drumming is usually having that snare hit on 2 and 4.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Change your name to Steve Harris and then just start messing around. Do you own a 6-string guitar? Definitely write the guitar parts on a guitar if you can.

If you've come up with a bassline, see what chords would be appropriate for that riff; it is likely that you had a progression in mind when you came up with the riff.

Standard drumming has the kick drum on 1 2 3 4, the snare and hi-hat on 2 4, and the ride cymbal in 8th-notes. There are plenty of ways to vary this, but the most important aspect of 4/4 drumming is usually having that snare hit on 2 and 4.

Damn, holy wall of txt - anyway

1) I don't own a guitar.
2) Srry, you lost me on the drum part. Please simplify...

Can anyone else help me?
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?