Okay

I have to do this multimedia presentation (powerpoint) for school.

The problem is that I have to use Open Office because... I don't know why we have to use Open Office - the school is too poor or something.

Well, there has to be sound or music at some point, so the easiest way to make it fit is by putting music during the credits.

This is proving completely fucking impossible.

I can get the song to play for a bit, but then as soon as the credits come on screen, it stops.

This really pisses me off because I know I can do this - and have done it - in Microsoft Powerpoint.

So does anyone know how to get this thing to work?

Using OpenOffice 3.0 I think. The one from their site that was on there two weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.
do it in power point, open it in open office and then save as an open office presentation duuuuuude
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
I used Open Office for a while, its really good except for a few differences.
Sadly, this happens to be- as far as I am aware, one of those subtle differences.

Your best bet would probably be to get on limewire and look for a Microsoft Office with a serial key. The one I use from there works fine.
I think the music stops because you have to click to do the credits right? Try it that when you open the slide with music, you don't have to do anything to it to roll the credits. I don't know if that confuses you more, but that's my 2 cents.
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
Quote by ZeroChan
I think the music stops because you have to click to do the credits right? Try it that when you open the slide with music, you don't have to do anything to it to roll the credits. I don't know if that confuses you more, but that's my 2 cents.

Damn, this doesn't work.

I'd do it in MS Powerpoint, but I've got the rest of the presentation completely done.

EDIT:
FUCK YEAH!

I got it to work. Adding the song as a sound that goes with the title did it.

The song is Baseball Furies by Buckethead if anyone's interested.
Last edited by Sir Anonymous at Dec 17, 2008,
well will open office allow you to save what you have as a power point presentation? if so, do that, and then do what i said in the second post
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald