Page 1 of 2
I want something thats loud enough for gigs ...but small and light enough to carry (say around 50 lbs)

i play lots of stuff but mostly blues, classic rock, rock, jazz, funk, punk, (NOT metal)

The fender HotRod deluxe looks pretty nice how about that one??
im open to ALL suggestion

also, I DO use a lot of pedals so i want something that works well with pedals
I think the hot rod deluxe would suite you quite well for those particular genres. I do think, however, that it could very well weigh more than 50lbs. Tube amps are heavy. Especially the 2x12's or the 4x10.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
I've played the Fender HotRod and I have to say its amazing!

I'd say you can play any style out of that puppy.
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
Quote by H_ngm_n
I think the hot rod deluxe would suite you quite well for those particular genres. I do think, however, that it could very well weigh more than 50lbs. Tube amps are heavy. Especially the 2x12's or the 4x10.

actually...according to GC its only 45 lbs hm....thats pretty dang good
Used Twin if you're lucky. I think I've seen one for a little under a G.

My f-30 is sexy, but too heavy for your tastes.
███████████████████████████████████
I've had my Hot Rod Deluxe for a couple years now and I'm very happy with it. I think it would suite your style perfectly.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Quote by tona_107
Used Twin if you're lucky. I think I've seen one for a little under a G.

My f-30 is sexy, but too heavy for your tastes.

exactly which twin cuz last i remembered there are a lot of different ones ( i could be wrong)
minus what his tastes are, the Mesa F-50 was probably the best combo under $1k ever. I really wish I hadn't have sold mine for a H&K duotone combo.
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
minus what his tastes are, the Mesa F-50 was probably the best combo under $1k ever. I really wish I hadn't have sold mine for a H&K duotone combo.

minus my tastes meaning what?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
But he does everything EXCEPT metal.

HRD and an OD pedal gets my vote. Or Classic 30.

+1 on the Classic 30. How about the Orange Rocker30? Or a Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Yeh the Hot Rod Deluxe is an amazing amp, also look at the orange rocker, and maybe the vox ac30
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I have a Hot Rod Deluxe as well as a Traynor YCV50, and I'd recommend the Traynor. Extremely versatile, well built. Comes stock with EHX tubes and a Celestion Vintage 30. 50w, all tube, spring reverb, great clean and OD channels and it's about $650 if you play your cards right.

Most of the youtube clips are AWFUL but that's due to their recording equipment not the amp itself...
I have the peavey classic 30. It sounds pretty nice, especially for ts's playing style.
TROGDOR!!!!!!
I got my Twin Reverb for $800 because I didn't want to risk getting sniped.
Quote by a7xrocks02
Used Peavey Triple XXX. This thing is hella loud. I put it on the scales its 50 pounds.

isnt that just a head? -.-
i want a combo... plus that thing is like 2 k
used jsx combo
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by brleealbright
Valveking 212

almost 70 lbs according to gc lol
kinda too heavy
Quote by WantzChas
+1 on the Classic 30. How about the Orange Rocker30? Or a Marshall JCM2000 DSL401

rocker 30s go well over a grand dont they?
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by Antimage27
isnt that just a head? -.-
i want a combo... plus that thing is like 2 k

They used to make them as combos, now they are discontinued and they go for much cheaper than the heads.

I would recommend- a used Mesa Rectoverb
Quote by Antimage27
thnx
im just curious why are ppl suggesting the classic 30 over the hotrod deluxe??

Well I haven't played the HRD but it has a reputation for great cleans but many say the drive channels aren't so good and they don't take pedals well, so it might not get dirty enough for you. I have the played the Classic 30 and it takes pedals great and I liked the cleans, but they aren't shimmery Fender cleans. The Classic 30 also has a drive channel so it should have plenty of gain on tap for what you play. In the end the best way to decide is to play both and see what's more geared toward your style.
Last edited by B. Jammin at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by B. Jammin
Well I haven't played the HRD but it has a reputation for great cleans but many say they don't take pedals well, so it might not get dirty enough for you. I have the played the Classic 30 and it takes pedals great and I liked the cleans, but they aren't shimmery Fender cleans. The Classic 30 also has a drive channel so it should have plenty of gain on tap for what you play. In the end the best way to decide is to play both and see what's more geared toward your style.

alright man ill def try them both out with massive amount of pedals lol
cuz i mean if the fender is only 100 bucks more and worth it might as well

thnx for ur answer !
Pod xt3 + speaker cab?

IDK can you do that?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
what is with people and the valveking? the sound like complete **** to me.

sounds like **** when playing what...or just bad in general
Quote by Antimage27

It's not **** after modding, even before modification isn't not THAT bad.

But, as the 112 version is about 60lbs, it may be a bit heavy.

I'm with 311 on this one with the Peavey Classic 30 or the Orange Rocker 30.
Maybe Ceriatone?
The 112 is only 48lbs I think. Most people hate them because the speaker sucks and they walk into the store thinking it's going to be some kind of cross between a Classic 30 and a 5150 and they don't take time tweak it. New speaker, and it's a decent amp - maybe even a great amp especially for the money.

TS - i think a Classic 30 tho would fit the bill perfectly for you. I have not seen one at a Guitar Center tho in ages and I don't know what's up with that.
I carry my guitar case in one hand and my HRD in the other, I'm fine, and I'm the skinniest bastard ever.

And the HRD takes pedals just as well or better than the C30, and I've never heard anyone say otherwise. Wut?

"Pod xt3 + speaker cab?

IDK can you do that?"

Yes, with an active speaker like Tech 21's Power Engine 60 or an Atomic amp. Both great choices if you want to do that.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
right now im deciding b/w
hotrod deluxe and classic 30......gosh i cant decide lol
Quote by Antimage27

I have put an array of guitars through them including my LP standard, and they just sound bad to my ears.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Page 1 of 2