Hi hi, does it ever make you think about how much money artists or bands waste on new equipment when they smash it up and crap?
Like in video clips how they either smash it up or water is dropped down on to them while their being used. Or at live concerts how they completely bash it up until theres no more.. To me i think its a bit of a waste - les pauls, prs's, mesa, randall, all the expensive stuff to us, but to them they treat it like childs play.
Got an opinion?
I personally think it's retarded.Nothing worse than seeing a 2000 dollar guitar getting smashed off something for the sake of a bad ass image.Even if I had the kind of money to do that I wouldn't,it's a slap in the face to the people that have to save up for months to get a guitar like that to take something the average player would consider a dream instrument and ruin it.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Generally, the equipment being smashed (especially when on stage) is cheaper models or just plain imitations. Besides that, the bigger names tend to have endorsements and get them for free anyway.
Quote by k-lap
Generally, the equipment being smashed (especially when on stage) is cheaper models or just plain imitations. Besides that, the bigger names tend to have endorsements and get them for free anyway.

But still don't you think its unfair that they can waste it whether its new, used, endorsed whatever
Yes, it is messed up. There are quite a few organizations that help people, and children get instruments that can't afford them. I'd much rather see them get donated for something like that, instead of smashed.
I think it's awesome.

Wish Pete smashed his strat when I went to see The Who.

I intend to get one of those nigh-unplayable $100 Squier strats and smash it at a gig with a record scout watching for my band to grab the attention.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Survivalism
Bands still do that? Because it was cool once, when The Who did it.

that what i was thinking too.
not the 70's anymore.
Quote by crzywhiteboy
that what i was thinking too.
not the 70's anymore.

Your right. Now we're in the age where we need to bring sed 70's back to get rid of Fallout Boy and Avril Lavigne. One way to do that is smashing.

Quote by necrosis1193
Your right. Now we're in the age where we need to bring sed 70's back to get rid of Fallout Boy and Avril Lavigne. One way to do that is smashing.

Yeah,maybe if someone on UG took some initiative and smashed Avril or Pete Wentz in the teeth with a squire the world would be a better place.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by necrosis1193

I agree on the bands these days, but i think its a slap in the face to see them doing it. its like their saying im better then you, i have more money.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Yeah,maybe if someone on UG took some initiative and smashed Avril or Pete Wentz in the teeth with a squire the world would be a better place.

Not smash them in the teeth. Smash their instruments; keeps them from playing and brings back the 70's.

Quote by ShallowEndings
I agree on the bands these days, but i think its a slap in the face to see them doing it. its like their saying im better then you, i have more money.

Wrong; The Who were paying back what they smashed up until I think 1975 or 1976, so they had to pull out for quite a while.

Quote by necrosis1193
Not smash them in the teeth. Smash their instruments; keeps them from playing and brings back the 70's.

Wrong; The Who were paying back what they smashed up until I think 1975 or 1976, so they had to pull out for quite a while.

Well wats the point of that? attention?? its not only The Who that do it though
Quote by ShallowEndings
Well wats the point of that? attention?? its not only The Who that do it though

1. Rebellion. This was back when rock was a way of escaping reality, not becoming a rich fatass.
2. Never said they were; their just the best-known example, so I used them.
3. Originally it was because Pete cracked a Rickenbacker's necks, and it was basically dead since Ric's are neck-thru, so he smashed it for the hell of it, so yes, I suppose it started for attention.

Quote by necrosis1193

So you're saying that massive blunt force trauma to the head isn't an effective way to get ****ty bands to stop? Awww ****,there goes my plans for world peace

Quote by Pr0gNut
So you're saying that massive blunt force trauma to the head isn't an effective way to get ****ty bands to stop? Awww ****,there goes my plans for world peace

Never said that. It's a way that can get you sued. If you hire Pete Townshend as the hitman though, it's the perfect crime. =D

Because they're rock stars and because they can. If you were raking in thousands every day and selling millions of records with guitar brands tripping over themselves to get you to endorse their products, you're telling me you'd keep each one in it's own padded case and never get a scratch on it? Balls. Smash the ****ers up. Break your guitars, kick in your amps, throw the hotel's TV set out the window. What's the point in being rich and famous if you're going to live as if you're a poor begger.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I've seen it in music videos before but never on a live video. I would assume they use squiers and other low end copies though.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by MrFlibble
Because they're rock stars and because they can. If you were raking in thousands every day and selling millions of records with guitar brands tripping over themselves to get you to endorse their products, you're telling me you'd keep each one in it's own padded case and never get a scratch on it? Balls. Smash the ****ers up. Break your guitars, kick in your amps, throw the hotel's TV set out the window. What's the point in being rich and famous if you're going to live as if you're a poor begger.

I disagree, because unless your in Metro station or your Justin Timberlake, you dont 'rake in thousands every day.' The fact is musicians dont bring much money in at all, unless your an overrated MTV band. read interviews with bands, they can barely pay their bills, and recommend working at Mcdonalds, because you get paid more. Anyone can say it like you did, but really is the band you idolise living it up like 50 cent and his homies? Ever seen Cribs? Compare a rappers home to a member of a rock band. You dont see 7 ferraris, 9 B.M.W's or 3 lambo's outside do ya?

And when it comes to endorsements, many companies want you to go to them, not all, but most. Half of them expect atleast 250 shows, with alot of details.
Last edited by ShallowEndings at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by Pr0gNut
I personally think it's retarded.Nothing worse than seeing a 2000 dollar guitar getting smashed off something for the sake of a bad ass image.Even if I had the kind of money to do that I wouldn't,it's a slap in the face to the people that have to save up for months to get a guitar like that to take something the average player would consider a dream instrument and ruin it.

QFT
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.