Page 1 of 4
I think the type of pick used is an often overlooked factor in guitar tone and overall playability.

We all have our favorites but for what reasons?

Personally,I love the dunlop nylon 1.0 mm picks since they're very durable,shaped nicely,have a good grip,and give a good balance between stiffness and pliability.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

tortex ftw, and i also like my jim dunlop 1.14mm nylon
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I personally like Fender Mediums or Dunlop Tortex 0.8mm. The Fenders tent to split. I haven't had a problem with the Dunlops though.
Quote by Gonzerelli
I personally like Fender Mediums or Dunlop Tortex 0.8mm. The Fenders tent to split. I haven't had a problem with the Dunlops though.

I used to use the fender picks a couple years back and had the same problem.Tips breaking off,picks splitting and chipping and what not.I've been playing with the same black dunlop nylon for a few months now and the tip is just starting to get flat,usually a normal pick doesn't last me more than a week.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I use the searchbar

And green Dunlop tortex

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
joe satriani sig series!
and fender heavys
i use an many types of picks i can to find what i like
I use .60mm, .73mm and .88mm Tortex picks, .60mm for most of the stuff I play, and the other 2 for 'fast' stuff

I've tried Ultex Jazz III picks and they're amazing..they're like the real PODs. I don't use them though because it feels like cheating for some reason and after using one for a couple of hours, a normal pick felt weird as hell.
Quote by splamron
tortex ftw, and i also like my jim dunlop 1.14mm nylon

Dunlop Reds for me.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by ozzyismetal
I use the searchbar

And green Dunlop tortex

Jazz 3's. On another note........ I GOT SIGGED!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I've moved from .65mm Tortex to .96mm Gator Grip back to 1.0mm Tortex.

I just love the way these picks feel. So comfy...
i use dunlop .50..it seems to be the lowest here... :S
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
jazz 3s but no0t just any jazz threes ULTEX jazz 3s which are wayy better than normal jazz 3s
i also ocassional use dava picks idK which ones my LGC has them but they only have the one type
anyway yeah dava piks are pretty cool u should all check em out
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Currently hooked on Jazz III picks.

I seem to swap picks every so often, it's weird. Anyone else do this?

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

My favourite right now is the Fender 451 which is a mini 351, really cool pick. Also good ones are the D'Andrea Pro Plec and anything by Fender or Dunlop thats Classic Celluloid.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Dunlop Jazz 3 picks
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Herdim picks, the blue ones, and I use them back-to-front, just like Edge from U2.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
My favorite picks are the Sharkfins but I use a variety of different picks depending on what I am playing. I like thin picks over heavy.

John
I've been using JAZZ III's for so long i have a hard time using anything else. Everything else feels weird to me now.
tortex 1.14 for strumming when i feel like it..good grip, but a tad big and clumsy hehe

gator grip 2mm 90% of the time..it's dark and heavy..a powerful friend..good size

ultex jazz III when i feel completely unco and need a more accurate pick that helps me out a bit. bit small..
Based on the posts here I'm going to try some of the Jazz picks,they sound like they're really nice and good for what I play.

Dunlop Tortex .88. I used to use Dunlop Jazz III's, but when playing in a band and moving around when playing I find them quite uncomfartable to use 'cause they're so small.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
i just don't get it.
what features does jazz III have that get everyone on the bandwagon?
i like my 3mm dunlop big stubby. it's got a contoured, wide grip, and best of all it has ultra fast attack time. suits my style perfect. and it's more durable than other thinner picks.
Quote by necrophilic
i just don't get it.
what features does jazz III have that get everyone on the bandwagon?
i like my 3mm dunlop big stubby. it's got a contoured, wide grip, and best of all it has ultra fast attack time. suits my style perfect. and it's more durable than other thinner picks.

I used to think the same way, really. "Why does everyone love Jazz IIIs? Must be some bandwagon thing that usually happens on UG. I'm gonna use something else..."

I used to use Dunlop 2mm Gator Grips, then decided I'd try the Jazz IIIs for the hell of it. Now I have a hard time going back. It feels like playing with an oar from a rowboat or something. With the Jazz IIIs, it's easier to pick more accurately, and faster, in my opinion. As for durability, I only have two Jazz IIIs, had them for a long time now, and the things aren't even beginning to wear down. I used to grind the hell out of those Gator Grips.

Point of this post: Jazz IIIs have a reason to have a bandwagon.
again?

really?

how many times do we need to discuss which pick we all use... i think i can tell most peoples off by heart now as this question is asked every week or so...

seriously! mods.
Thank you please.
Page 1 of 4