hey guys... i was wondering... where do suspended chords fit into keys?? what types of keys (major, minor, etc) do they fit into and how do you know where they fit? i dont know much theory on sus stuff so i could use some help. and why do sus chords only sound 'good' with certain progessions?? thanks in advance!
Well they basically fit into chord strength progression. And you can substitute them anywhere. However, suspended chords, technically, are not major or minor because the third of the triad is altered. you could theoretically use them anywhere in your chord progression though.
You read the theory sticky and the Crusades articles, which explain chord construction.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
You read the theory sticky and the Crusades articles, which explain chord construction.

can someone post a link...i cant seem to find it. thanks for the help so far. more suggestions are welcome!!
Quote by guitar033

can someone post a link...i cant seem to find it. thanks for the help so far. more suggestions are welcome!!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?s=crusade&w=columns
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
they get to be a crutch almost, like I have to force myself not to hit a Dsus before the Dmaj