I'm a long time fan of Travis Beans and Velenos, I've never owned one due to the last few years ascent in their prices (and Velenos being expensive all along the way).
But now I've heard there's a company that's making new aluminum neck guitars! Does anyone here use/play them?
One of the guitar players for Scott Weiland played one on The Tonight show a few weeks back.
schultzy.
i've never played one but i hear they tend to warp in hot and cold temperatures
Rockin' shit
well they would, considering that metal is much more afectd by temperature changes than wood.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by jimmyhotpants
i've never played one but i hear they tend to warp in hot and cold temperatures

Have you ever had a wooden guitar?

EDIT: I guess the metal would probably be changed a lot more, but wood warps too...
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by Maus24
Have you ever had a wooden guitar?

EDIT: I guess the metal would probably be changed a lot more, but wood warps too...

Yeah, wood warps too, but not like metal. On a cold day, I don't have to worry about my neck going all screwy like my strings do. Imagine if the whole neck was metal.
When I pick up my guitar after a day of it being un-touched, the bridge is often far too cold to even place my palm on, as is the rest of the hardware. Can't imagine having the neck like that, too.
This would be a good studio guitar... the only guitar that could stay in 100% perfect pitch
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
Give me wood.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Give me wood.

I'm gonna take the high ground and NOT say "I've got some right here".

It's seems cool, but metal warps, it would be pretty light though.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
plastic guitar.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Quote by MoleMania
Eh? It's spelt aluminium round these parts....

Please god let us argue about how it's spelled. PLEASE.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
theres no point. Theres a reason why 99% of good guitar manufacturers go wood.
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Quote by figsandbobo
Please god let us argue about how it's spelled. PLEASE.

Sorry, I can't do that. They always end up the same.
Quote by MoleMania

13 on the periodic table "Al" its spelled differently everywhere. thanks to science and the periodic table, you shouldnt be confused...argument troll.

yeah i would say a metal neck wouldnt be the best idea in the world. and what someone else said; theres a reason most guitars are made of wood. sounds like its been tried and tested. if it was a great idea im sure most guitars would be metal and not wood
kramer did it in the 80s. if it where a great idea there would be aluminum necks everywhere in the last 25 years lol.
Bumblefoot plays Vigier guitars that are fretless and have a metal neck. I wouldn't like this either.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by MoleMania

It was originally "aluminum," but the British (and, in turn, all "British-like" areas (Australia, etc.) changed it to "aluminium," to keep pace with all other metals that end in -ium, such as titanium.

So, in short, Mole, shut your face.

And I don't think I'd like an aluminum neck. I guess it all depends on how it's made for how it feels, but I think the tone would be all "blah."
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
It was originally "aluminum," but the British (and, in turn, all "British-like" areas (Australia, etc.) changed it to "aluminium," to keep pace with all other metals that end in -ium, such as titanium.

So, in short, Mole, shut your face.

And I don't think I'd like an aluminum neck. I guess it all depends on how it's made for how it feels, but I think the tone would be all "blah."

While it may be true, international convention says it has to be spelt Aluminium.
To keep things simple.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
What was the point again, apart from being lightweight (because it is really hard to make a lightweight wooden guitar )

Seriously guys enlighten me
Quote by fastlanestoner
Bumblefoot plays Vigier guitars that are fretless and have a metal neck. I wouldn't like this either.

This?

http://www.vigierguitars.com/html/Description_US/Guitars/toucheUS_surf.html

According to the makers, it lets you whammy without a whammy bar. I sh*t you not.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Have you ever stroked a long thick.... bar of aliminium?

It's extremley cold, i mean so cold it'd give you pains in your hands/ bones/ joints if your hold onto it for too long.

It also scratches pretty easily... and it looks, well not that nice.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Roast Beef
You wouldn't see Slash, or Buckethead using one

A whammy bar casts like, $20 extra!
Aluminum necks have been around for quite some time. Earliest I know of is the 80's.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I've played a guitar that's either aluminium or stainless steel, I can't remember exactly, but it weighed a ton. It was a dobro guitar though, so I'd say it's good for that, but i didn't really like the sound. It'd have a killer slide tone though.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I've played a guitar that's either aluminium or stainless steel, I can't remember exactly, but it weighed a ton. It was a dobro guitar though, so I'd say it's good for that, but i didn't really like the sound. It'd have a killer slide tone though.

I've also played a Dobro Resonator and it was heavy as balls. It had like...16-17 gauge strings on it too.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by fastlanestoner

only a metal fretboard, the neck is "10% carbon 90% wood". i've played one and even though they sound a bit bright they feel amazing and are fun as hell.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.