What are some things that can go wrong when paining a guitar body? I don't want to ruin my guitar doing it.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
a lot, but by the looks of your guitar I really wouldn't worry If you're still playing in a year you'll be replacing it anyway
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Nothing that can damage the guitar really. If you screw up and get peeling etc, you can just sand it back and start again.
It can react and set into the body, but other than that, you can strip it chemically to leave nothing on it or scrape and sand it off.

PM me for advice on finishing, I might as well be a pro
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Nothing that cant be fixed, you might spray to heavily and get drips on your guitar that will need to be sanded out, or using finishes that arent 'compatible' with each other. I dont now to much about it but if you use a sealer that isng compatible with a clear coat bad thngs happen. For example a lot of people ask how to protect a signature on their guitar and certain clear coats will dissolve the sharpie, so you have to test things first.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Also you could get hit by a car, suffer an aneurism, get poisoned, choke to death on fumes, fall and hit your head, etc.... Things can always go wrong.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
you could use enamel clear coat on a white or light blue paintjob and it will turn piss yellow.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson