I've been playing the guitar for more then a year by now and i'm planning to buy me a new guitar.

at the moment i have this : http://www.neck.nl/produkt/produkte.mb1?welt=&fh_url=fh_location%3D%252F%252Fnecknl%252Fnl_NL%26fh_secondid%3D11802836%26fh_view%3Ddetail%26fh_eds%3D%C3%9F&_nm_search=1

and i'm thinking about getting this: http://www.musicstore.com/nl_NL/EUR/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-HS-Heritage-Cherry-Sunburst/art-GIT0002826-003;pgid=0x506TiE_7JSR0EY3hgocYZF0000hzHlufPY;sid=nVFyYj4DrVpyYndLU-P4hjDAA0TWEbTCNtw=

At the moment i use the Roland Cube 15x as amp and i got a Digitecht RP50 effectpedal.

I mostly play rock/metal but i'd also like a nice clean sound. my budget is around 300 euro. Is the guitar i am thinking about the one i need or do you guys have some better ideas?
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
les pauls usually get good ratings, they have good clean sounds electicaly and accousticaly, id yeah its a good buy for you
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
will the epi les paul also be capable for gigs later on or do you recommand to get a new one by the time?
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
well do you plan to use this guitar further on for gigs and so on? i would recommend u to go down to ur local music store in die rooze burt and check out some guitars and find on u like
break on through
Dude where do u live?
I've used les pauls (epi's that is) and they are pretty durable. A mate i know has one, and his gigged at over 15 little concerts his band has held. Tellin you anything?
Quote by Trecion
will the epi les paul also be capable for gigs later on or do you recommand to get a new one by the time?

The Epi should be fine for your first gigs but eventually you will want another guitar (every guitarist does!) but the Epi is beyond the basic starter guitar so should last you a long time.
@shallowsending - I live in the netherlands

I rather don't go to my local store since they don't sell any gibson/epi because they think there are cheaper guitars wich are better. like vintage guitars. i don't know anything about that tough. thats why i'd love to heart your opinions

this is the guitar my local store told me about.
http://www.arons.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3537&category_id=962&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=88
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
Last edited by Trecion at Dec 17, 2008,
Its a guitar thats worth every cent. Most guitar shops tend to be like that because they think they know best, which in most cases they might. but they arent always 100%
Quote by Trecion
@shallowsending - I live in the netherlands

I rather don't go to my local store since they don't sell any gibson/epi because they think there are cheaper guitars wich are better. like vintage guitars. i don't know anything about that tough. thats why i'd love to heart your opinions

this is the guitar my local store told me about.
http://www.arons.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3537&category_id=962&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=88
Don't bother with that. That's a very different type of guitar. One pickup, different wood, different body size...

The brand Vintage do make some very good Les Pauls, called the V100 series, which are about the same quality as Epiphone Les Paul Standards but cost a little bit less. If the shop near you has any of those, you should go try them out, they're worth looking at.
The other Vintage guitars though aren't so good. If you want a Les Paul and that shop doesn't have the V100 then the Epiphone Les Paul Standard is the best thing to get.

Since you already have a Stratocaster style guitar though, maybe it would be better for you to look into a HSS configured Stratocaster, like a Mexican-made Fender or a Yamaha Pacifica. It will feel closer to what you're used to than the Les Paul will, and an HSS is considered the most versatile type of guitar around, as you get a humbucker in the bridge for heavy rock and metal tones and single coils in the middle and neck positions for good clean tones.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Don't bother with that. That's a very different type of guitar. One pickup, different wood, different body size...

The brand Vintage do make some very good Les Pauls, called the V100 series, which are about the same quality as Epiphone Les Paul Standards but cost a little bit less. If the shop near you has any of those, you should go try them out, they're worth looking at.
The other Vintage guitars though aren't so good. If you want a Les Paul and that shop doesn't have the V100 then the Epiphone Les Paul Standard is the best thing to get.

Since you already have a Stratocaster style guitar though, maybe it would be better for you to look into a HSS configured Stratocaster, like a Mexican-made Fender or a Yamaha Pacifica. It will feel closer to what you're used to than the Les Paul will, and an HSS is considered the most versatile type of guitar around, as you get a humbucker in the bridge for heavy rock and metal tones and single coils in the middle and neck positions for good clean tones.

Tru that. Id say you go for the epi personally. The neck is thicker as is the gibson. But that doesnt mean it'll make it bad for you. The choice is yours. Read reviews, sound clips, trials done by yourself etc. Then estalish if thats the path you want to take.
well actually i am also a bit tired of my stratocaster look :P and i just love the way the epi feels.
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
Quote by Trecion
well actually i am also a bit tired of my stratocaster look :P and i just love the way the epi feels.

Do some more experimenting on them first before you make your decision final