Anyone? I'm looking for artists in the vein of Sunnyland Slim, Little Walter, Andrew Tibbs and Willie Nix.

Just post those little known jazz/bluesmen and women that you think should get more attention

Otis Spann
Little Walter

Sorry if there's a thread already like this, I'll delete this if there is.

Edit: I know I've listed all blues there, but obscure jazz is always welcome, I'll use to to try and get laid with any European chicks I meet.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at Dec 17, 2008,
ahahaha, try and do up some transcriptions for charlie parker or dizzy. they completely blew me away. (not blues, but I don't give a f***)
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
oh yeah. I'm hoping someone in my jazz class next year'll be able to play decently.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
Quote by Wicked Rose
ahahaha, try and do up some transcriptions for charlie parker or dizzy. they completely blew me away. (not blues, but I don't give a f***)

Blues or Jazz, it's all good.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
well in that case.... cannon ball was awesome, as was Thelonious Monk, Charlie Christian ect. swing was probably the best era for jazz, but be-bop was a close second.
... wrote

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
I love swing, just the names of the big guys though. I'm going to check out some Thelonious Monk, I've heard his name uttered before

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
yeah, he does be-bop. If you're into swing, go for some big bad vodoo daddy. they were what really got me into this stuff.
... wrote

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
Josh White and Elizabeth Cotton are my blues of choice lately, no idea how well known they are in comparison to others but they're not two that I hear much about.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^ They are well known, as are Otis Spann and Little Walter.

Despite being huge (probably the biggest superstar of his time in blues) in his day, Lonnie Johnson is often overlooked despite being incredible. He was a guitar virtuoso and a brilliant singer, BB King sites him as his greatest influence and it can be heard.
I would say Lonnie Johnson, Eddie Lang, T-Bone Walker, and Charlie Christian as the biggest innovators for the guitar in jazz and blues. T-bone and Charlie are talked about a fair amount though.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by ze monsta
^ They are well known

Figured they probably quite well known but rarely see them crop up on here so felt they should be mentioned.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by JilaX^
Little Walter, Otis Spann and Thelonious Monk are hardly Obscure

As obscure as YouTube allowed me

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.