Hi guys,

want to split my guitar signal, send it to two signal chains (say, distortion and clean), have the outputs of the two chains mixed and sent to my amp.
So it looks like this:
Guitar ---> A/B box -----> Clean ---------------> A/B/Y Box (Or some sort of summing box) --------------> Amp.
|______> Distortion ---------------> |

I know I can do it using a Y cable/AB box and a A/B/Y box but I'd rather have it all in one box.
I believe there are active and passive splitters, which one is more transparent? I don't want to use effects pedals that have dual outputs and/or returns, I'd like to keep it clean of unnecessary electronics that'll probably change/color the sound.

Thanks
schultzy.
Yes, a small passive mixer would work, like an ABY box, but I'm looking for an all-in-one-box device.
schultzy.
you're going to need electronics to mix the two signal paths back together properly

doing it passively may have mixed results
Ok, but wouldn't it be better if it's a "dedicated" mixer built for this purpose instead of a small behringer/mackie?
How about passive summing using transformers? They're used to split signals, I guess they would work the other way around. They probably color the sound, but I prefer this kind of coloration. Passive summing is used in the pro-audio world, I bet it can be implemented in the guitar world, if done correctly.

Anyhow, seems like no one is currently manufacturing anything like that, will have to build one myself/get someone to build it.
schultzy.
Quote by seljer
you're going to need electronics to mix the two signal paths back together properly

doing it passively may have mixed results

Worst pun ever.

He's right, though, TS.
this would be easier to answer if you had two amps or even if your amp had 2 inputs

ernieball volume/pan pedal!
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212