Ok there might be a few threads about this already but i'll try to be specific to what I want.

Ok I need a GOOD Distortion pedal ANY price range! For Rock, I DONT want a metal sound I want like Rock or Hard Rock sound and it needs to have a good crunch to it...
Anything you know of that fits my discription? Please help! Im stuck with a Boss MT - 2 and I just cant get the right sound but I dunno Im just picky.. Is there anything wrong with that pedal or is it just me? any good tone set ups for it would be appreciated too.

Thanks in Advance!
big muff pi
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Get a better amp instead of a pedal.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone

its not that... Im planning of putting low gain on my amp and then when a song kicks into a heavy chorus I want to turn offthe amp distortion and switch on a heavy crunchy distortion for a better feel.. if ya get me?
Boss SD-1 - cheap and AWESOME if you've a decent amp!

Its excellent when boosting a JCM800 for the 80's and hard rock tones, but thats what an 800's for :P

If you've a decent amp, check it out!
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
we need more information than this. like what guitar you have, what amp you're using, etc...
but i'd suggest a fulltone ocd. great pedal
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Ok I have a model amp and I KNOW pedals sound like **** on them but if I upgrade then I may as well get the pedals, ok, so my amp is a Roland Cube 60 my guitar is a Epiphone Les Paul...
Quote by Birchall17

Coming from the guy with a Metal Muff and an MG. Is the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!! of the MG not enough for ya?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Maton+SG
Ok I have a model amp and I KNOW pedals sound like **** on them but if I upgrade then I may as well get the pedals, ok, so my amp is a Roland Cube 60 my guitar is a Epiphone Les Paul...

But if you upgrade, you'd be able to switch between channels on an amp and wouldn't need a distortion pedal...

But as for your question, I vote for the Zvex Box of Rock
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
But if you upgrade, you'd be able to switch between channels on an amp and wouldn't need a distortion pedal...

+1
This is why MC should be on the list ! Duh.
Also, I'd suggest a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 or OCD, depending on what amp you plan on upgrading to.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by MatrixClaw

not everyone wants an amp with multiple channels. they just want the distortion of a pedal
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by riffhog
+1
This is why MC should be on the list ! Duh.

I know right?

Quote by Farether
not everyone wants an amp with multiple channels. they just want the distortion of a pedal

While this may be true, by the sound of what the TS wants, my suggestion is very viable.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Farether

You are correct that not everyone wants that, but I still agree w/ MC. The TS would likely be better off long-term with a better amp. Many high-end & boutique amp manufacturers offer only multi-channels these days. The lower cost amp makers are also trying to give perceived value by adding multi-channels. Most of these amps are designed to sound best with no added distortion. I have not played an example of the TS's amp (Cube 60), but I've played the 30, & IMO, that thing has more distortion than you'd ever need. Any more will just be mud, which is why I agreed with the new amp suggestion.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
New amp.
If you MUST have a distortion pedal, there's loads to choose from. My personal favourite is the Vox Satchurator (again with the freaking Satch signature gear ._.)
I think you should get a new amp also.... what about a BK butler tube driver, that or maybe a zvex box of rock
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I use a Digitech PDS 2715. I think it's from the 80s. It has chorus/distortion in one box.

The distortion is KILLER. Better than I've heard on anything this side of a Marshall that cost a couple grand.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I went out yesterday to get a distortion pedal with a specific one in mind (the Jekyll and Hyde), and walked out with a Digitech Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive pedal, and I'm very happy I did. After trying out different pedals, I liked the sound out of this one the best.
Gear-
MIM Strat Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Fender Champion 600 amp
Seagull Coastline S6 GT
Carl Martin Plexitone is great from what I've seen and heard.

The Digitech Hardwire series is being raved about here lately too.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Boss DS-1/2
or
EHX Big Muff Pi
or
MI Audio CrunchBox
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Hoggle
I went out yesterday to get a distortion pedal with a specific one in mind (the Jekyll and Hyde), and walked out with a Digitech Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive pedal, and I'm very happy I did. After trying out different pedals, I liked the sound out of this one the best.

Join the club, you try it next to the TS9.