if theres a combo and its a 212 60w does that mean each speaker puts out 60 wats for a full 120 watts or does that mean each speaker puts out 30 wats for a full 60 watts?
I don't know, and the only way to change it is to find out what the minimum resistance the amp can handle is, how many ohms the stock speakers are, and go from there. You may not be able to change the wiring depending on that. The best thing to do in that situation, if you want more volume, is to get an extension cab.
Hi, I'm Peter
212 refers to 2 speakers of 12" diameter. The 60w refers to the amp power which is a pretty crude benchmark but its what we've got. Valve amps tend to be a bit louder than tranny but not always by a lot.. The chances are that the speakers are rated for 50w each, but if you slam a full 100w through them they'll sound terrible. The usual thing with all amps is that the speakers are rated to nearly double the amp power for best sound at lowest price. I have used 800w of speakers off a 150w head and the sound was awesome so I'd choose to go over the 2:1 ratio.

Does that help?
Quote by guitarockstar99
ok so if i buy a 6505 combo 212 60w......how is that wired? and how do i change it if i want to?

Combos are often wired in series, my guess is that each speaker will put out 30W. You don't need more than 30W with a tube amp, really. 30w tube amp = approx. 100 watts solidstate
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by Lurcher
212 refers to 2 speakers of 12" diameter. The 60w refers to the amp power which is a pretty crude benchmark but its what we've got. Valve amps tend to be a bit louder than tranny but not always by a lot.. The chances are that the speakers are rated for 50w each, but if you slam a full 100w through them they'll sound terrible. The usual thing with all amps is that the speakers are rated to nearly double the amp power for best sound at lowest price. I have used 800w of speakers off a 150w head and the sound was awesome so I'd choose to go over the 2:1 ratio.

Does that help?

yea that does help!