Hey there.

I went n bot myself a Marshall avt50h and cab and i dont think the previous owner looked after it too well.

The clean channel doesnt work now which i think is the valve, but im not sure.

If it is tho, can anyone tell me what valves i need to fix this, and is it a major job, or can i do it myself?

ALSO

i will probibly get slated for this but meh, my other guitarist in my band uses a Marshall MG100HDFX and ive had a 250dfx be4, and i loved it. Anyone think i shud try and get rid of the avt n get a mg?? because i think thats what im gona be doing.

And if anyone wants to buy an avt50h i will replace the valve or fix the problem be4 selling, but ill be getting rid of it for like 100-120.

Comments anyone??

Cheers.
Dave
Say what you like about tonal subjectivity (and I agree with you) but MGs are also extremely unreliable.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The AVT only has one preamp tube which I doubt is dead. You can change it out for any 12AX7 you like, it might change the tone a bit, but probably not much. If the clean channel doesn't work at all, it sounds like something more complicated.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com