Page 1 of 3
I've been watching alot of prison documentaries lately and ive started pondering, why not just kill all the prisoners that are in prison for life... i mean its not like their ever gonna get out and they must live pretty ****ty lives anway also prisons are getting over crowded and i heard it costs like a grand a week to pay for prisoners in jail...so would it really be that wrong?
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Yes, it would.

This sums it up.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
God you're dumb.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
How bout we just kill all prisoners... That would solve all our problems...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
I had an interesting conversation with a friend once about a world in which every crime was punished with the crime.

For example, you kill someone - you get executed
You rape someone - you get raped

It then went on to a justice system which the penalty for any crime no matter its severity was punishable by death.

It was messed up.
They could clear out half the prison population easily....

Cut out the drug laws!!!!!

Quote by sykryk
I had an interesting conversation with a friend once about a world in which every crime was punished with the crime.

For example, you kill someone - you get executed
You rape someone - you get raped

It then went on to a justice system which the penalty for any crime no matter its severity was punishable by death.

It was messed up.

well in the current us system, pretty much any felonious crime is punishable by rape, so that's pretty damn bad too.
1. A prisoner on death row costs more than one going for life in prison.
2. Morally, I believe you cannot justify execution.
3. To solution of crime is like the solution to cancer, you cannot just cut away the tumours, you must treat the source. There needs to be a radical change in the situation of key groups in society to prevent crime.
Quote by hardcore dude
I've been watching alot of prison documentaries lately and ive started pondering, why not just kill all the prisoners that are in prison for life... i mean its not like their ever gonna get out and they must live pretty ****ty lives anway also prisons are getting over crowded and i heard it costs like a grand a week to pay for prisoners in jail...so would it really be that wrong?

actually if you think about it killing them is letting them off easy. would you really like 40+ years of living in prison?
The point of prison is to take away their freedom so that hopefully, they may learn from their mistakes. If they decided to kill them all it would make no sense. If they did infact kill them, I wouldn't care.
it is more suffering in my opinion to have to be in jail and go through the same stuff everyday for the rest of your life than get killed in jail.
If they did start executing prisoners that are in for life just be glad you don't live in soviet russia.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I don't like paying for them to live.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
even if prisoners did learn from their mistakes they would still be in prison for life so it wouldnt matter anyways, and who cares if killing them is letting them off easily they shouldnt be left in there cos a family wants revenge
Quote by Kensai
If they did start executing prisoners that are in for life just be glad you don't live in soviet russia.

In Soviet Russia, you execute them!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by hardcore dude
even if prisoners did learn from their mistakes they would still be in prison for life so it wouldnt matter anyways, and who cares if killing them is letting them off easily they shouldnt be left in there cos a family wants revenge

you sir, have not heard or parole or early release.
Quote by aaciseric
No it wouldn't ... take that once again.

Goddamit! You're everywhere, aaciseric.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by dullsilver_mike
you sir, have not heard or parole or early release.

im just talking about all the prisoners that are gonna be in there for life, not the ones that have chances to get out, for example like ones with 3 consecutive life sentences
Quote by hardcore dude
im just talking about all the prisoners that are gonna be in there for life, not the ones that have chances to get out, for example like ones with 3 consecutive life sentences

you sir, have never heard of jailbreaks.
Quote by Cyberbob
1. A prisoner on death row costs more than one going for life in prison.
2. Morally, I believe you cannot justify execution.
3. To solution of crime is like the solution to cancer, you cannot just cut away the tumours, you must treat the source. There needs to be a radical change in the situation of key groups in society to prevent crime.

Smart fella ^^ although i dont know if i agree with 2
I'm strongly against just executing all the prisoners. Many of them have been assumed guilty while they weren't. Even people who have stated they committed the crime can be innocent because they were put under intense pressure during interrogation.
In my opinion you can only execute somebody if you now for certain that they won't change their 'habits'.
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by kyshack
Smart fella ^^ although i dont know if i agree with 2

It's a morally grey area. I just cannot justify a state killing someone due to a crime they committed. I understand that in most countries that have a death penalty, only the worst offenders warrant it, but I believe instead of killing them we could use recourses to understand what made them the sociopath they are. In doing that I'd think that circumstances that lead to sociopaths like serial killers and paedophiles could be identified and hence prevented.
Quote by NeverMIA
The point of prison is to take away their freedom so that hopefully, they may learn from their mistakes. If they decided to kill them all it would make no sense. If they did infact kill them, I wouldn't care.

Dude, what does it matter if they learn from their mistakes? In prison they can't even make any more mistakes and they got nothing left to lose if they're in there for life.
Besides, they only learn from their mistakes by teaching eachother how to become a better criminal.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Thecla
I'm strongly against just executing all the prisoners. Many of them have been assumed guilty while they weren't. Even people who have stated they committed the crime can be innocent because they were put under intense pressure during interrogation.
In my opinion you can only execute somebody if you now for certain that they won't change their 'habits'.

even the innocent ones will be in prison for life anyway, i assume they MIGHT prefer death dunno, im not a doctor, but alas i didnt realise someone on death row costs more than some one not on deathrow so i guess im wrong thar, and for everyone im not saying kill all prisoners just the ones that arent ever getting out, that have no chance of getting out.
Quote by Cyberbob
It's a morally grey area. I just cannot justify a state killing someone due to a crime they committed. I understand that in most countries that have a death penalty, only the worst offenders warrant it, but I believe instead of killing them we could use recourses to understand what made them the sociopath they are. In doing that I'd think that circumstances that lead to sociopaths like serial killers and paedophiles could be identified and hence prevented.

Or we could try using aversive conditioning on them for the sake of reabilitation. Fill them with nasty drugs that make them sick while making them watch films of horrible things and forcing them to listen to Beethoven.

What could go wrong?
Stopping war with war?
Stopping murder with murder/execution?
Nah, come on it doesn't work that way ..
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Or we could try using aversive conditioning on them for the sake of reabilitation. Fill them with nasty drugs that make them sick while making them watch films of horrible things and forcing them to listen to Beethoven.

What could go wrong?

Some people would probably consider that inhumane, so prisons couldn't Legally do that...
"CHOOSE YOUR FATE AND DIE!!"

-- Do as I say, not as I do. --
Quote by eiirish
Stopping war with war?
Stopping murder with murder/execution?
Nah, come on it doesn't work that way ..

im not saying it will stop people doing crimes and whatever i just figured it would be easier on the general population we wouldnt have to pay so much taxes and there wouldnt be so much over population, stopping crime is a different story
No...

Because think about it, What's worse getting executed or rotting in a 6 by 6 cell for 50 years. If we executed everyone that was in for life, they would be getting off easy. Or atleast that's my opinion.
Quote by dullsilver_mike

What could go wrong?

But what if their beloved Ludwig Van is ruined?
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Cyberbob

I agree with everything he has posted so far in this thread. Listen to him

EDIT: Onzaso should go and watch some films
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

We're too concerned with what's "morally justifiable" anymore. Fair treatment of prisoners my ass. If some ass-wipe wants to go and rape a jogger, he should be hanged, drawn and quartered. There is nothing anyone can say that will make me feel any differently. I mean, seriously, I agree with not just offing every person that commits a crime, but murderers/rapists/child molesters? There's no reason to put those people through the pain of living anymore.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
if they murder then we kill them, surely we are no better, except we try to justify our killing as 'doing the right thing'. i was always told that two wrongs don't make a right, surely killing someone counts as well, the fact that we can lock away murderers but not execute them gives us a way to keep them from harming innocent people without being hypocritical. I know its expensive to keep prisoners alive but its a good solution.
Indie isn't rock... It isn't even music!
Quote by neopowell
But what if their beloved Ludwig Van is ruined?

I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony.
What if you're right?
Quote by MuffinMan
We're too concerned with what's "morally justifiable" anymore. Fair treatment of prisoners my ass. If some ass-wipe wants to go and rape a jogger, he should be hanged, drawn and quartered. There is nothing anyone can say that will make me feel any differently. I mean, seriously, I agree with not just offing every person that commits a crime, but murderers/rapists/child molesters? There's no reason to put those people through the pain of living anymore.

RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I think there is a city that uses these laws, Megacity? You don't want to cross judge dread, he'll eat your soul for xmas.

Quote by Muffinman

I'm inclined to agree with most of this statement, however how do you deem someone guilty enough (there are always doubts in any judicial system) to take their life. Solve this problem with advanced forensics which place the defandant as the perpetrator and i'll back the death penatly all the way (for serious crimes such as murder/rape etc).
Last edited by Helpy Helperton at Dec 17, 2008,
Page 1 of 3