Hey I was looking at either buying a full set of groove tubes or JJ's for my Marshall TSL60 So yeah I've used Eurotubes as a refferance to guide me. Basically I was wondering if Cryo treated valve/tubes are worth spending the extra cash on? would cost me about £60 for 4 cryo pre amp valves (JJ ECC83's) and then 2 JJ KT77's approx £35 on ebay so that would all potentiall add up to £95

Is it really worth busting the budget for the cryo valves and EL34 upgrade (I believe thats what the KT77's are) is it worth getting the KT77's anyway? or ould EL34's be better or just as good anyway.

If I go for non cryo standard set of JJ's power and Pre-amp I can get a set for like about £65 is it worth the extra 30?

I think the pre-amp valves may be going slowly on my amp, cause I'm certain it sounded better just a short while ago?

Ierostyle
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
Don't buy from ebay. I used tubedepot.com.

They sell matched tubes for less than others, the beauty of tubedepot is that you can get a set of say 22's (just and example) have your amp biased and the next time you need output tubes... get 22's again and you're in there. Just swap out the old tubes with the new tubes and no bias... just fire the amp up. You can do a burn in if you want. No biasing cost though. IT's great!
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
Are all power tubes by nature slightly different? and yeah UK based valve website don't seem great, Watford Valves seems pretty good but I can only get th pre-amp tubes there, unless I get the Pre Amp tubes now and then the Power amp tubes later? I dunno I need to find a real good UK stockist! shame there doesn't seem to be a UK version of eurotubes, there is hotrox but they don't have like high gain options and stuf like that that euroubes has. Oh yeah and any idea which is better Groove Tubes or JJ's?
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
Quote by The_rylan
Don't buy from ebay. I used tubedepot.com.

They sell matched tubes for less than others, the beauty of tubedepot is that you can get a set of say 22's (just and example) have your amp biased and the next time you need output tubes... get 22's again and you're in there. Just swap out the old tubes with the new tubes and no bias... just fire the amp up. You can do a burn in if you want. No biasing cost though. IT's great!

Wouldn't I still have to bias them due to like all valves being slightly different?
Quote by Bazilisck311