Hi guys.

So I've finally got more or less enough money to buy a new bass. I play basically rock stuff, so naturally I've chosen to get a P bass. The question is, should I get a Squier VM P or a second hand Fender MIM P, because they more or less run for the same price. I'm currently leaning towards the Fender, because I'd prefer a sunburst over plain white any day, and alder's better than agathis. And of course because its a FENDER, not a Squier.

I currently have a basic Yamaha starter bass with PJ pickups. The sound is pretty ok, although it's not as punchy as I'd like. The electronics are also pretty crap, and the action's super high no matter how I set it up.

Any recommendations and advice wil be much appreciated.

Thanks.
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
Go for the Fender. It'll be worth it in the long run.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Okay, thanks guys. Just another question (forgive me if this sounds noobish). What's the difference between a Highway one and a standard?
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
Last edited by matthewchj at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by matthewchj
Okay, thanks guys. Just another question (forgive me if this sounds noobish). What's the difference between a Highway one and a standard?

Standard is made in Mexico (MIM) and isn't as good as an American standard (MIA)
Highway one is made in America but not as good as an American standard

I think anyway
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Last edited by Vampire 255 at Dec 17, 2008,
they are pretty close, but given you're visual preference, and the name on the headstock, I'd stay Fender.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom