Ok i dont really know what to do here but i dont want to take it to a shop and get bumped, basically there is a grounding issue with my Ibanez RG7321 it buzzes like crazy and when i touch the metal plate surrdounging the jack it goes away..so i took off the back cover and theres a black wire not connected to anything and if i touch the end the buzz goes away but i have no idea how to make it shut up without me touching it does anyone know? thanks
Quote by Fender Usa
Ok i dont really know what to do here but i dont want to take it to a shop and get bumped, basically there is a grounding issue with my Ibanez RG7321 it buzzes like crazy and when i touch the metal plate surrdounging the jack it goes away..so i took off the back cover and theres a black wire not connected to anything and if i touch the end the buzz goes away but i have no idea how to make it shut up without me touching it does anyone know? thanks

Try to find where it was soldered onto, you should be able to see a 'blob' of solder. Usually with tremolo guitars, the ground wire should be on the actual tremclaw, but I've yet to open my hardtail guitar, so I wouldn't know where it would go then...

I dont know its just a long black wire with the bare metal sticking out the end just sitting there making a huge noise which ruins playing the guitar
what does the other end attach to? is it the one that goes into the body?
It is attached to the volume thing but then it looks as if it goes out of that and into a big black wire that goes into the body
i have to go pick up my kid from school, its early dismissal due to exams. ill take a few pics of mine and post them here as soon as i get back!! shouldnt be more than 30 minutes.
I dont understand that site at all lol btw heres some pics

Its the black wire coming out the body
sorry it took so long. that wire goes to your output plug (where you plug your guitar in) it attaches to the outer tab.