Ok so I have a $1500 budget for christmas to spend. What should I upgrade?
Here's my current gear,
Guitar: Fender American Standard
Amp: Blackheart little giant with Epiphone cab
I also have a MI crunchbox distortion pedal. Some of the stuff I play range from classic rock(Guns N' Roses, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Van Halen) to metal(Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Iron Maiden)

I've been eyeing a few guitars lately such as a Schecter C-1 FR and a couple of Jackson guitars. So what should I get?
Maybe a better amp.
But if your just bedroom playing, there won't be any reason to upgrade from that.
Some morons will suggest the obligatory Peavey 6505+, but there is absolutely no reason to get that if you aren't gigging.

That Schecter looks good.
But it's only like $500.

You still have a grand left.
Hookers and blow?
yeah basically its on as to wether you want to replace your amp, if you need something bigger, or has more gain (does the crunch box hit metallica/pantera type gains)
other than PEDALS!! haha
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
if you wanna play loud ye new amp if not get a new speaker for the cab like a vintage 30
Yeah I don't see myself gigging anytime soon. I don't think my pedal quite hits metal tones though. What pedals should I be looking out for? As for the guitar I'm kinda torn between a Schecter C-1 FR and Jackson Dinky with the floyd. Which would be better suited for metal?
Quote by MermaidMan
Yeah I don't see myself gigging anytime soon. I don't think my pedal quite hits metal tones though. What pedals should I be looking out for? As for the guitar I'm kinda torn between a Schecter C-1 FR and Jackson Dinky with the floyd. Which would be better suited for metal?

The Vintage 30 would be nice, but I don't think you would need it at all.

I would say the Schecter.
I'm just not one for Jackson.
Well I've heard some bad things about the Schecter C-1's licensed floyd rose though. How are ESP guitars? Basicly I'm looking for a guitar with a good floyd rose. I also need something to push my amp for metal tones. Would an OD pedal infront of my crunchbox help with that? Thanks for all the input thus far.
Quote by huevos
Maybe a better amp.
But if your just bedroom playing, there won't be any reason to upgrade from that.
Some morons will suggest the obligatory Peavey 6505+, but there is absolutely no reason to get that if you aren't gigging.

That Schecter looks good.
But it's only like $500.

You still have a grand left.
Hookers and blow?

I doubt anyone would suggest a 6505 as it's completely wrong for his situation.

I'd say get a better cab and that'd be it. If you feel you need to get a new guitar, go for a Jackson, depending on which one it is.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
I doubt anyone would suggest a 6505 as it's completely wrong for his situation.

I'd say get a better cab and that'd be it. If you feel you need to get a new guitar, go for a Jackson, depending on which one it is.

What cab would you suggest? Also, my main concern is achieving a more metal tone. My crunchbox can do some classic rock but I can't really push it for more metal tones.
if your wanting a floyd rose, go with a dinky
if you really want a good one (an original) its gonna cost you a lot of that money if you really want to spend it
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE