Page 1 of 3
The funny thing is, there are many times in one's musical existence where there is a band you absolutely despise, and then you soon come to like that band. So, Metal forum, which Metal bands have you formerly hated, yet, you now like?

For myself, such notable bands are Whitechapel(yeah go ahead and say something), Dying Fetus, DragonForce, HammerFall, ElvenKing, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Note: NONE of those bands I posted are coming under ANY slight from me, they ****ing rule.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
None. I show only hate.

No, but when I first heard Geasa I didnt like them at all......then 2 years later, I played the cd, and loved it, it was strange. Still love it to this day.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
*hopes VG doesn't read this*
Cryptopsy >_>
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
BLS, Pantera, Megadeth, most of the heavyweights really, yet it was the complete opposite with metallica, i like them on first listen, now their songs make me cringe

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
First time i heard protest the hero in 7th grade, i was like WTF?

little did i know later on in 8th grade they would become my favorite band to this day.
Not so much Metal, but there was tonnes of Metalcore that I used to hate but now quite like
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Most bands I now love.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Strapping Young Lad. Well I didnt hate them but I listened to one of there songs about 6 months ago and just though "Meh". Then about 2 months ago gave em another listen and now I love them.
Metallica.
Oh wait, I still hate them.

I used to hate troo and necro death metal like Cryptopsy, Dying Fetus, Arsis, Through The Eyes of the Dead (Malice), The Black Dahlia Murder, etc (basically all subgenres of death metal, from melo to brutal/tech).

I've always loved metalcore and it's affliates, but now I'm starting to resent the vast majority of it.
Especially generic stuff like Truvium, Beneath the Sky, Emmure, SIKTH, etc.

Oh yeah, I used to ****ING HATE Maudlin of the Well/Kayo Dot, because I thought the were the worst pieces of putrid raisin feces ever and a bunch of pretentious art snobs.
But they are probably my favorite band of all time nao.

EDIT: To GBcommander, same story, except with Devin Townsend in general.
Last edited by huevos at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by huevos

I've always loved metalcore and it's affliates, but now I'm starting to resent the vast majority of it.
Especially generic stuff like Truvium, Beneath the Sky, Emmure, SIKTH, etc.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Metalcore wishes it could have a band like SikTh.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Your sarcasm is more confusing than entertaining. However, your redemption is whole and unquestionable. Carry on.
For the longest time I hated Judas Priest, but I am slowly starting to like them more. Angel of Retribution, Painkiller and Screaming for Vengeance have some of my favourite songs on them
GEAR
Guitars: LTD V401DX, USA Jackson King V (pre-fender), Knock off Jackson Kelly
Pick ups: EMGs, Seymour Duncans
Amp: Randall RG100SC w/ matching cab
Boss and Dunlop Electronics
I hated System of a Down and now I like their songs a lot
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Quote by dead-fish
Your sarcasm is more confusing than entertaining. However, your redemption is whole and unquestionable. Carry on.

Well, that faux trolling was more for my entertainment than anything else.
I just waited to see what kinda reactions I'd get.

The Sikth group requires more people though.
Join NAO!

As I recall, I used to hate the post-metal types.
Isis, Russian Circles, Pelican, Intronaut, The Ocean Collective.
But now I realized why they are beyond metal...
I've also joined the faux troll's group.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Alot of core bands used to suck ass but made pretty kickass new albums like As I Lay Dying (yes, I know, just give them a chance). I didn't like BTBAM last year, now I love them. I also used to hate Nile, but like them now. I had a metal epiphany in February, that ws when I heard In Flames' Lunar Strain, and then that got me into Prog, which got me into Death
Death and black metal in general, also used to think that doom metal was boring
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by bulletrocks522
No, Im not saying In Flames was Prog, im saying that that's what got me into Prog.

This statement actually doesn't make sense.

Could never stand Cynic.

Still cant stand focus

but I like traced in air.
Cynic and Atheist took me a while.

For a while I hated Meshuggah, then I went through a big Meshuggah phase...
Venom . Can't believe what I was missing out on for so long.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I used to hate Metallica. Now I love Metallica. I used to hate Korn. I still hate Korn.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Whitechapel are not metal.

Anyways it was Rhapsody for me.Love em now.
Quote by gun4hire
ugh, you cant rape someone with a pineapple because that would assume that someone doesnt want to have sex with a pineapple, which is impossible

Quote by Jackal58
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Especially an ignorant law.
This forum is killing me inside.

I'm quite surprised by all the "deathcore" answers; in most experiences I've heard of, (prefix)core music helped bridge the gap to metal, not something to look back on and appreciate later (for those who didn't continue to listen to it). I've mainly "outgrown" metalcore, with a few bands that stuck with me.

A lot of more extreme music took me a while to fully appreciate (rawer black/thrash/death bands, etc.) but I enjoy most types of metal now.
My friend played me Children Of Bodom a couple years ago and I thought they were crap, now I love them! Just goes to show that you should be open minded about music.
The LLN.

I love Vlad Tepes, at least. Mutiilation still sounds like garbage to me, though.

The other bands in the LLn are on a mega MEH to me.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Page 1 of 3