Page 1 of 2
What is the purpose behind piercings? Even ear piercings seem like a strange concept to me (for both men and women mind you.) It's like "Yeah, let's pierce a small hole in our body so that we can put a little hoop through it. I don't really find earrings or body piercings to be cool or interesting, and they certainly don't serve a purpose. It just seems like some weird ass thing you'd only want/have to do if you were a member of a native tribe or something, I don't even know.

Discuss.
Take it to the Body Modification Thread

MogEdit: I have 2 ear piercings and an eyebrow piercing. I dunno, i just did it because simply i can.
Last edited by Moggan13 at Dec 17, 2008,
So that teenagers can annoy their parents.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Its the same as any fashion statement, there is no purpose theyre purely to personal taste, what is the point in black socks? there is none, they are black purely because some one dyes them black.
Whats the point in different fonts? there is none, it just personalizes things so life isnt so bland.
see where i'm going here?
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by fattyDQ
It's like "Yeah, let's pierce a small hole in our body so that we can put a little hoop through it. I don't really find earrings or body piercings to be cool or interesting, and they certainly don't serve a purpose.

Its not always a small hole i have a 10mm in my ear.

Its like the same reasons you wear what you wear.

To look cool, to be different, to stand out in a crowd.
C4C
Latest song: Fading Silhouettes

Quote by goest
You raped someone with a knife, didn't you?
Last edited by Mr Maggot at Dec 17, 2008,
I love the way they look. It also says something (usually) about someone's personality. Usually how open minded they are.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Thats just your opinion... Its pretty obvious that the people getting piercings think it looks good. Close-minded recluse or what?
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
same reason people buy expensive clothes, shoes, hairstyles, lipstick, make-up, contact lenses, tattoos, hell even exotic animals... To stand out, to be unique, turn heads, you know... Damn there's not much thought proccess in it.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
I really don't get piercings either. Especially on women. Way to make yourself look ugly.
Tattoos are better
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Drakathan
Thats just your opinion... Its pretty obvious that the people getting piercings think it looks good. Close-minded recluse or what?

I'm close minded just because I don't think things dangling from people's ears/pierced through people's skin looks cool? You sound like the closed minded one, just because I have a different opinion doesn't mean you have to **** your panties about it
Quote by Mr Maggot

Its like the same reasons you where what you wear.

I wear clothes that are comfortable and warm. I literally only have a couple shirts with designs on them or bands on them or something, and that's because they were given to me by people, and I have them, so I wear them. I don't give a **** about looking cool or being different, I let my personality speak for itself.
I like piercings, to an extent. Some of them go overboard imo, but a single piercing looks good on the right person. I like my lipring, and I think it actually looks good on me.
Quote by smb
I really don't get piercings either. Especially on women. Way to make yourself look ugly.

I've never seen a dinosaur with facial piercings....
Quote by Moggan13
I've never seen a dinosaur with facial piercings....
You should try some of the club nights I go to. You can't move for surgical steel through scales.
had 2 piercings, but took them out and it healed on me. but yeah i got some nice pussy. and it disgusted the high christian society in my area.
Quote by smb
You should try some of the club nights I go to. You can't move for surgical steel through scales.

Use a drill instead.
I don't like them. I feel like ripping other people's piercings out for the fun of it.

Do I have issues?
Quote by MoleMania
I don't like them. I feel like ripping other people's piercings out for the fun of it.

Do I have issues?

no, you have just discoverd a new sport, rip somones piercings out and try to escape.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Normal ear piercings are an excuse to wear more beautiful pieces of jewellery

I've only got my ears pierced once in each lobe, not a huge fan of loads of piercings, but aesthetically I think having normal ear piercings is good. They look pretty, and can complement your face and clothing and hair.

I think the whole getting piercings just to be rebellious or be the most hardcore or whatever is stupid though, half the time they just look ugly and ruin an otherwise pretty face. For example, on my way back from a gig once there was a girl who had a piercing between her upper teeth. It looked like she had something stuck in her teeth, and I couldn't help looking from sheer revulsion. Then she, being so obviously hard and rebellious, made a snake-face at me, sort of baring her teeth and sticking her tongue out.

I wasn't impressed, needless to say. She just looked pathetic, and I showed my supreme lack of caring about how "hXc" she was by making a half-scathing, half-disbelieving face and turning my back on her. There is no excuse for rudeness, especially if you go out of your way to make people look at you in the first place.

And I knew a guy once who had about a zillion facial piercings. Without them he was fairly attractive but with them he looked like he'd sink if he fell in a pond. Just...faintly ridiculous.

I'm not talking about all piercings here, of course. I don't mind if people have a few, but getting loads of them that completely disfigure your face just seems stupid.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by sirrjj
no, you have just discoverd a new sport, rip somones piercings out and try to escape.

GENIUS!!

My local emos will be pissed though....
Oh well, more to hunt I s'pose.
Quote by MoleMania

GENIUS!!

My local emos will be pissed though....
Oh well, more to hunt I s'pose.

emos cant get pissed, they lack that ability, they will probably write an acoustic song it will contain the words apethetic dead and pain and or slit various parts of their bodie.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Quote by smb

I think they look hot.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
I think they look hot.

I agree with you 100% to the point that I am only attracted to girls with piercings/body mods, my ex had 14.
Quote by Mr Maggot

Its like the same reasons you where what you wear.

No offence to your grammar skills or anything but I Lol'd when I read your middle sentence.
me personally, i like piercings. I have 8 right now, but soon to be 9. or 10. not sure yet. but still it reflects on the person wearing them and what they want out of them. whether it be a fashion statment or for personal gain. its kinda their desicion ya know lol....

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by fattyDQ
I wear clothes that are comfortable and warm. I literally only have a couple shirts with designs on them or bands on them or something, and that's because they were given to me by people, and I have them, so I wear them. I don't give a **** about looking cool or being different, I let my personality speak for itself.

I can tell you dont get any girls.

Unless there blind.
C4C
Latest song: Fading Silhouettes

Quote by goest
You raped someone with a knife, didn't you?
Piercings and Gauges are awesome! *waits for Reva to enter the thread*

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I have a sad story that should serve as a warning against overpiercing. My friend wanted me to hook him up with one of my wife's friends. They both looked like they had fallen into my grandfather's tacklebox, what with the eyebrow piercings, nose rings, earings, lip piercings, nipple piercings and, apparently they both even had their nether regions pierced. Well they hit it off at once and started dating regularly and I was not surprised when my friend told me he thought "tonight is the night, man". Well I was happy for him, but I wondereded what had taken so long, it turns out she was old fashioned. No one heard anything from them for the next 19 days. When the police finally knocked in the door to her place what they found was nothing short of horrific. They had apparently become entangled in each others face, nipple and genital piercings and died of starvation. Such an avoidable trgedy, In the end I guess I did "hook" them up.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
Quote by damskippy
I have a sad story that should serve as a warning against overpiercing. My friend wanted me to hook him up with one of my wife's friends. They both looked like they had fallen into my grandfather's tacklebox, what with the eyebrow piercings, nose rings, earings, lip piercings, nipple piercings and, apparently they both even had their nether regions pierced. Well they hit it off at once and started dating regularly and I was not surprised when my friend told me he thought "tonight is the night, man". Well I was happy for him, but I wondereded what had taken so long, it turns out she was old fashioned. No one heard anything from them for the next 19 days. When the police finally knocked in the door to her place what they found was nothing short of horrific. They had apparently become entangled in each others face, nipple and genital piercings and died of starvation. Such an avoidable trgedy, In the end I guess I did "hook" them up.

i really dont believe you. if it came down to dying, then you could take the piercings out.

yes, i am a girl.
Quote by Moggan13
Take it to the Body Modification Thread

MogEdit: I have 2 ear piercings and an eyebrow piercing. I dunno, i just did it because simply i can.

If he took it to that thread he'd be considered a troll

But yes, I do not like peircings either, especially on girls.
Quote by metaldud536
If he took it to that thread he'd be considered a troll

But yes, I do not like peircings either, especially on girls.

It makes girls extra hot. My last semi-gf had around 12 piercings and gauges, she did them all herself with a safety pin too lol.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by smb

I consider piercings to be very feminine. I don't think they make women ugly.
i think this thread deserves a poll imo.

yes, i am a girl.
Page 1 of 2