hey i know syn gates uses invaders in custom avenger, but on some of his guitars he has a different neck pickup, it resembles a dimarzio deactivator but i am not sure what it really is, it sounds just like the invader neck but its not. anyone know what it is?
Quote by Guitar Skater
hey i know syn gates uses invaders in custom avenger, but on some of his guitars he has a different neck pickup, it resembles a dimarzio deactivator but i am not sure what it really is, it sounds just like the invader neck but its not. anyone know what it is?

I hope no one flames you because you are awesome! According to wikipedia:

Syn also has a lot of variations of his Synyster models, eg. (all of the following are the Avenger/Synyster shape - an American flag, a German flag, a Rebel flag, black with red pin stripes, and white with gold pin stripes, which was released on September 2nd, 2008. Recently he has replaced his neck position Invader pickup with a Sustainiac pickup.

From what i've seen in pics it looks like a Sustainiac too.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Dec 17, 2008,
Yep, pretty sure he used Invaders on City of Evil, then he has used a Fernandes Sustainer in the neck position ever since the recording of their self-titled album as far as I am aware.
Last edited by slickerthnsleek at Dec 17, 2008,
Synyster Gates has a rebel flag guitar?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are Avenged Sevenfold not from California or something? Sorry for being off topic, but if you have a confederate flag on your guitar when you're not from the south, it screams "tool."
Quote by al112987

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are Avenged Sevenfold not from California or something? Sorry for being off topic, but if you have a confederate flag on your guitar when you're not from the south, it screams "tool."

It's because he's a massive Dimebag fan. It's meant as a tribute to Dime.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Yeah, didn't he bring it out for the first time when they covered 'Walk' by Pantera?

I know he used it during walk at ozzfest. Same goes for the German guitar, when they play in Germany he uses that.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
It's because he's a massive Dimebag fan. It's meant as a tribute to Dime.

Which is stupid because the confederate flag came way before Dimebag and has way deeper meaning than what some dead guitar player gives it. The confederate flag is not a symbol of Pantera and it is a touchy icon to be thrown around publicly. Bands like Pantera, Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd only get the pass because they were actually from the south and the flag most of all symbolizes southern heritage.

Sorry about being off topic about this, but if I saw an American waving a union jack because he was a fan of the Who, I'd think he were a complete tool as well.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 17, 2008,
Could an Aussie get away with waving a Union Jack around?

I see where it's coming from, I have a poster of Dimebag in my room and he's holding a guitar with the Confederate flag on it, it is widely associated with him as far as guitarists go. Yes yes yes, I know it's nothing to do with Dimebag personally, I don't make the rules, that's just how it has happened, however weird that may seem.

/off-topic
Quote by al112987
Which is stupid because the confederate flag came way before Dimebag and has way deeper meaning than what some dead guitar player gives it. The confederate flag is not a symbol of Pantera and it is a touchy icon to be thrown around publicly. Bands like Pantera, Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd only get the pass because they were actually from the south and the flag most of all symbolizes southern heritage.

Sorry about being off topic about this, but if I saw an American waving a union jack because he was a fan of the Who, I'd think he were a complete tool as well.

Well i agree its bigger than Dime, I see nothing wrong with it. It's one of dime's most famous guitars and it's synonymous with him and pantera in the metal scene.

I think it's awesome that he's honoring one of metal's fallen heroes. I see where your coming from though. But I guess I'm not used to being sensitive about it since I'm from southern california.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Understandable, I honestly don't really care about it at all, it just irks me a bit seeing it thrown around like some sort of fashion statement these days.

Although I'm a bit biased, I can't say I was ever a big fan of Avenged Sevenfold or their... ah... image, for lack of a better word. But it's nothing against Synyster Gates who I understand is at least a reasonably talented guitarist.
Quote by al112987
Understandable, I honestly don't really care about it at all, it just irks me a bit seeing it thrown around like some sort of fashion statement these days.

Although I'm a bit biased, I can't say I was ever a big fan of Avenged Sevenfold or their... ah... image, for lack of a better word. But it's nothing against Synyster Gates who I understand is at least a reasonably talented guitarist.

Well i've only ever seen him use it once. And it was the first time they played walk. So it's not like it's a regular staple of their shows.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Yep, pretty sure he used Invaders on City of Evil, then he has used a Fernandes Sustainer in the neck position ever since the recording of their self-titled album as far as I am aware.

I was about 10 feet from the guitars at a recent show. He swithched between guitars loaded with an invader in the neck and a Sustainiac Stealth Pro in the neck. Definitely not a Fernandez.

There's a big visual difference between the Fernandez sustainers and the Sustainiac. Although on at least one guitar they make, the Fernandes Sustainiac - Steve Vai Sustain, it has the Sustainiac version--they even put the Sustainiac logo right on the headstock next to the Fernandez logo.

I'd have paid closer attention to which one he used for which songs if I'd been aware of his use of the Sustainiac prior to the show. I'd think the sustainiac would have really come in handy for all the sliding up to notes he does in Beast and the Harlot and for the long dive bombs all over City of Evil.
Quote by al112987

what you talking about?

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.