View poll results: Pitchblack or Tu2
Korg Pitchblack
35 70%
Boss TU2
10 20%
Other
5 10%
Voters: 50.
Hi, I want to buy a new tuner because i am sick with using cheap ones that are terrible. So I was looking at either the Boss TU2, which looks quite easy to use, or the Korg Pitchblack which I have heard some good things about. They are both around the same price, so what do you think I should get? Or maybe I should get a different tuner completely.
They're both great tuners. I have the Pitchblack and it's sweet.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
I have the TU-2, and use it live alot. Has never let me down. You can't go wrong with either one. Pick the one you think has the best looks
Pitchblack is cheaper and true bypass and really now, its kinda cooler looking
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
People who have the Korg (including myself) have an odd affinity for it that usually exceeds what should normally be reserved for a tuning pedal.

Thus, I have concluded that it gives me blowjobs in my sleep.
PB. I'm selling my TU-2 to get it. It's also true bypass.

Woo!
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Unless you use long cables live like I do then you don't need the Boss buffer, so go for the PB.
which would be better for the player who tunes drop d full step down?
Quote by KShred
which would be better for the player who tunes drop d full step down?

The Korg is somewhat more accurate (but you probably couldn't tell the difference anyway), but its main draws are that

1. It is small
2. It's black
3. It is true bypass
Why couldn't I tell the difference? .... and its gotta be better than the old NEXFX sabine ive had since i was a kid that i just never replaced
Quote by KShred
Why couldn't I tell the difference? .... and its gotta be better than the old NEXFX sabine ive had since i was a kid that i just never replaced

because almost every tuner in the world is accurate enough to tune a guitar. they are off by really really negligible amounts, like +/- <1 hertz or something. you need $20,000 hige rack tuners for near perfect accuracy if your tuning instruments in an orchestra or fine tuning rooms acoustically for recording.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by KShred

Some tuners (like the ones that come with $100 starter kit guitar things) are not really that accurate, but basically every pedal is in the same ballpark accuracy wise.

Pedal tuners are really nice because if you have a pedalboard, or even if you don't, you can just stick it at the beginning of your chain and have a tuner that doesn't do anything to the sound, and you also have a convenient mute switch.