Page 1 of 2
So today in class I was minding my own business, when this student sitting to the left of me tells me "shut the f--- up".
I wasn't even talking. Then him and his friend proceeded to mock my Testament t-shirt and say how "everyone loves generic power metal"(I know Testament isn't power metal but thats what they thought.)

I love all kinds of music and it saddens me that people can't just mind their own business and realize how everyone has dislikes, likes and opinions, and their opinions aren't anymore valid than my own, and vice versa. The funniest part was I didn't even say anything to start the conversation, this just happened out of the blue. I'm a Senior and it really scares me how people who are almost adults, haven't realized that everyone should respect each other, even if you don't know them, have some common courtesy.

It would be different if we were actually having a conversation about music but they basically just started harassing me. People need to grow up.
Last edited by JA91 at Dec 17, 2008,
Yea, people are idiots.

And I guess that's a /thread
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
The thread title means,Their ignorant, they can't realize that every form of art, music and such is valid. They don't realize that you can learn from other genres of music, art etc. They just stay listening to one genre of music.
Quote by JA91
So today in class I was minding my own business, when this student sitting to the left of me tells me "shut the f--- up".
I wasn't even talking. Then him and his friend proceeded to mock my Testament t-shirt and say how "everyone loves genric power metal"(I know Testament isn't power metal but thats what they thought.)

Right there is your problem. You know when people are alone they tend to be less douche-like around people. It's when they have have friends around that they like causing trouble. Which is why when you're in places like college (new students don't know anyone) that you see people will practice common courtesy.
Quote by JA91
The thread title means,Their ignorant, they can't realize that every form of art, music and such is valid. They don't realize that you can learn from other genres of music, art etc. They just stay listening to one genre of music.

Yeah, like metal heads.
Eh, people suck. That's just the way it is, I guess.

Quote by metaldud536
Right there is your problem. You know when people are alone they tend to be less douche-like around people. It's when they have have friends around that they like causing trouble. Which is why when you're in places like college (new students don't know anyone) that you see people will practice common courtesy.

That's why I'm always so nice
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by strawberryJAMZ
Yeah, like metal heads.

If that was aimed at me, I listen to a lot of different music so
Quote by smb
Well if you will insist on listening to generic power metal...

Easy now.
it could have been worse, they could have said testament sucks as they where talking about pokemon.
Quote by SaXXoN
So...thread title has what relevance?

None he just misses mommy
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by metaldud536
Right there is your problem. You know when people are alone they ten to be less douche-like around people. It's when they have have friends around that they like causing trouble.

404 - Semantic clarity not found

On a serious note, I'd agree. People often change to impress when around friends.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Yeah What they all said +1...

Not much to rant about here...

Not even enough motivation to mention fapping... Rape... Not even a unicorn...

/Thread...
I'm the guy that can't think...

I act...

Quote by goest
Kizu wins...

Quote by ryand111
Kizu-Eien is the equivalent of mother nature in the internet
Quote by JA91
If that was aimed at me, I listen to a lot of different music so

subgenres does not qualify different music.
Quote by JA91
I wasn't even talking. Then him and his friend proceeded to mock my Testament t-shirt and say how "everyone loves generic power metal"(I know Testament isn't power metal but thats what they thought.)

I love all kinds of music and it saddens me that people can't just mind their own business and realize how everyone has dislikes, likes and opinions, and their opinions aren't anymore valid than my own, and vice versa. The funniest part was I didn't even say anything to start the conversation, this just happened out of the blue. I'm a Senior and it really scares me how people who are almost adults, haven't realized that everyone should respect each other, even if you don't know them, have some common courtesy.

It would be different if we were actually having a conversation about music but they basically just started harassing me. People need to grow up.
It's good that you understand this. Spread the word and it will do wonders
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by strawberryJAMZ

What is it today? The 08ers seem....hostile?
A lot of adults aren't the great role models they're supposed to be.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by jymellis
it could have been worse, they could have said testament sucks as they where talking about pokemon.

Huh, I guess, But Charizard is pretty metal...

It's funny all these kids do is put others down and act like their right about everything.
Quote by roythereaper
404 - Semantic clarity not found

On a serious note, I'd agree. People often change to impress when around friends.

Ok what I meant is when a person is around strangers, then tend to practice common courtesy.
Quote by metaldud536
Ok what I meant is when a person is around strangers, then tend to practice common courtesy.

Hence my second sentence, I was agreeing with you, by the way.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Quote by strawberryJAMZ

I listen to jazz, classical, rockabilly, metal, early country, some pop, alternative, some funk, blues, industrial, some folk-rock,classic rock, so your statement is totally irrelevant.
Last edited by JA91 at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by goest
What is it today? The 08ers seem....hostile?

statements like these are the subject of this thread
Quote by strawberryJAMZ

That's only furthering my observation...
Quote by strawberryJAMZ

Ok, now you're just confusing me.
As for seniors in high school almost being adults, I would emphasize the word almost.

alot changes a year or two after you graduate, but wait till you see people twice that age that still act like that
Last edited by captain Trips at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by goest
That's only furthering my observation...

irrelevant and not comical in the slightest, your ego is now deflated
Quote by strawberryJAMZ
irrelevant and not comical in the slightest, your ego is now deflated

I...didn't have an ego....

I was merely observing that two 08ers (you and another) who have been posting today just seem a tad...on edge...
Quote by goest
I...didn't have an ego....

I was merely observing that two 08ers (you and another) who have been posting today just seem a tad...on edge...

it might be because you judge by a joining date of a forum instead of playing skill, or knowledge.
Quote by metaldud536
I know I just wanted to make sure. CALM DOWN! NO NEED TO GET LOUD WITH ME SIR!

GOOD SIR I CONDEMN YOU TO FIND I WASN'T BEING LOUD! Oh, wait...

Quote by JA91
I listen to jazz, classical, rockabilly, metal, early country, some pop, alternative, some funk, blues, industrial, some folk-rock,classic rock, so your statement is totally irrelevant.

These are genres. The original point was "Death Metal" and "Melodic Death Metal" do not qualify as two entirely different types of music, I believe.
Call me Callum

Playing skill and knowledge are so old fashioned. No-one plays or knows stuff these days. No-one cool, at least.
Quote by jymellis
it might be because you judge by a joining date of a forum instead of playing skill, or knowledge.

that wasn't so hard.

elitism in length of forum going is even worse than elitism in music taste, which many of you seem to be against as am i.
These are genres. The original point was "Death Metal" and "Melodic Death Metal" do not qualify as two entirely different types of music, I believe.

I know I just wrote that because strawberryjamz, said "subgenres do not equal different kinds of music".
Quote by jymellis

Yes, because every post I've ever made has been judged off of joining date.

Also, in the pit (or rarely in any other of the forums) does playing skill matter.

Knowledge...I calls 'em as I sees 'em.
Quote by captain Trips
can we all just agree cancer can kill babies
No no no: babies kill cancer. Fact.
Dude come in to school the next day with a massive set of speakers and blast the tunes...

ALOOONNNEEE INNN THE DAARRRKKKK!!!!!....
Also, another thing that came to mind is most musicians I know are always trying to be better than others, bashing other musicians and their musical taste, when in reality shouldn't they have a respect and courtesy for each other as musicians, the fact they share similar interests?
Page 1 of 2