So I just recently bought a capo and a slide and I'm looking for some songs to learn that use one or both of these. Blues songs are very much appreciated since I'm camping in the Everglades for 2 weeks in January as part of a bio class and that'd really set a cool mood being out in a wetland and all. Also beach songs are good too since the campsite where we're stationed at is only about 23 feet from the beach. Oh also I'm using a steel string acoustic, that might be important to mention. Thanks!
Last edited by Entropy at Dec 17, 2008,
This is really vague tbh...

You like metal/punk (excuse my lack of knowledge outside what I like ) ?
It's a bit of a misnomer, slide wise.

Have you heard of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club? They use slide a lot, when playing acoustic.

For slide it's easier to play in Open tunings so what you can play without retuning every 3 mins is a little limited.
Last edited by ze monsta at Dec 17, 2008,
Catch Hell Blues by the White Stripes (Slide)

The Black Keys, a lotta their songs use slide

As far as Capo theres plenty of songs but just play around with open chords while your capo is at fret 2 or fret 5, they are the most used positions.

I believe wonderwall by oasis is at Capo 2 if you want to check that out.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Quote by ze monsta
This is really vague tbh...

You like metal/punk (excuse my lack of knowledge outside what I like ) ?
It's a bit of a misnomer, slide wise.

Have you heard of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club? They use slide a lot, when playing acoustic.

For slide it's easier to play in Open tunings so what you can play without retuning every 3 mins is a little limited.

It was supposed to be vague, I like any genre of music just about. I did somewhat specify with blues, but really anything that uses a capo or a slide, I don't care about tunings. Just some songs.