I need new tuners and pretty much have it narrowed down to the Grover roto-grips (locking). I do switch a lot between standard e and drop d tunings. I am wondering if they are going to be a hassle when changing tunings. I know that probably sounds very noobish but I have never used locking tuners.

Also, always open to other tuners to check out as I have not bought the grovers yet.
Agile AL-3100 CSB, Schecter C1-Plus with SD 59s, Crate V33 Head (modded), Crate 2x12 Cabinet w/ Green Berets, EQD Hoof

Good Traders: jdr94 7PlaGues xXMetal-HeadXx applecakes1207
Im not sure about the locking tuners but i can say, from personal experience, that grovers are good tuners.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by ZombieCat
I need new tuners and pretty much have it narrowed down to the Grover roto-grips (locking). I do switch a lot between standard e and drop d tunings. I am wondering if they are going to be a hassle when changing tunings. I know that probably sounds very noobish but I have never used locking tuners.

Also, always open to other tuners to check out as I have not bought the grovers yet.

Locking tuners will help to a certain degree when doing drop tunings because you don't have to worry about the excess string around the post binding.

I like the Planet Waves Auto-Trim locking tuners. I say that a lot, but they've worked like a charm.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Quote by GravyFish
I like the Planet Waves Auto-Trim locking tuners. I say that a lot, but they've worked like a charm.

I have not heard of those and after checking them out they look nice. My inner laziness is really impressed by the auto-trimming
Agile AL-3100 CSB, Schecter C1-Plus with SD 59s, Crate V33 Head (modded), Crate 2x12 Cabinet w/ Green Berets, EQD Hoof

Quote by ZombieCat
I have not heard of those and after checking them out they look nice. My inner laziness is really impressed by the auto-trimming

I thought the whole idea was ridiculous at first, but I've been quite impressed with them. They're at least worth a try.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
For the record, I got the Planet Waves tuner are so far are really liking them. They are holding the guitar in tune a lot better than my old tuners, the locking feature is awesome and auto-trimming is so-so. Does not always seem to auto trim when bringing a string in tune.