hi,

I bought this Peavey HP Signature Special EX Electric Guitar..
http://www.dv247.com/invt/50820/

I have a problem, I don't know how to fix it and what causes it...

the guitars sustain is not very good and it gets worse after 12th fret...
and also if I turn the tone all the way up (more bass) the sustain gets worse...

i don't know how to fix it... is it just the guitar, and I have to deal with it (you get what you pay for)
or is there a way to fix it ?

thanks in advance ...
try lowering the pickup. alot of the time if your sustain gets worse towards the pup it is magnetic interferance on the string caused by a pup that is to close.
Lowering the pickup and haveing your guitar generally set up will sort it out. If you have the money take it to your local guitar shop they should do it. If not then look on the internet how to do it yourself, its not too difficult.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Your neck might need adjustment, any difference in string height from the first frets to the highest ? Any string buzz ?
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
The LFR is probably screwing you over a bit in terms of sustain. The fretting might be poor as well, and you could be experiencing string pull from the pickups.
It's normal for the sustain to drop as you go up to higher frets, so don't worry about that.
Quote by Gäbe
Your neck might need adjustment, any difference in string height from the first frets to the highest ? Any string buzz ?

well especially the low e.. the higher you go on the frets the more the buzz... for the rest...
I can say e.g when you playing a chord say around the 7th fret, it kinda sounds funkier - that might be normal i guess :S
the two screws on each side of the pickup.loosen them just a touch (i mean millimeter).
Guitars with LFR's or any floating trem will generally have poor sustain.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by bean-o
Guitars with LFR's or any floating trem will generally have poor sustain.

what about strats ?
are the sustain good on strats... they have tremolos... so ?