Good evening/morning/afternoon good sirs and ladies. My rib has been aching for a while now, and by that I mean agony when i cough and a dull ache when i breathe, so I was just wondering if it's possible to break, or just crack, a rib simply by coughing too much. As in a MASSIVE coughing spasm like the one I had a few days ago. If not, I guess it's just bruised or something, which is a lot better news for me

Before I get a load of 'oh em geez w3're nOt dOCt0rz' I'm already going to see the doctor tomorrow about it, so I thought I'd ask incase anyone else has had a similar experience.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Probably a strain or somethin. I dont think you can break your rib from coughing...
if it where broke you would know it. i boxed for almost 8 years and have suffered a few broken ribs. you can barely move. and when you caugh or bend over it would pop and you buckle at the knees. sounds like you may have a pulled muscle in there somewhere.
you can break it by coughin but i dont think that can happen at your age, mostly to older people
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
If it were broken, you probably couldn't breathe.

That's what I said, but then one of the guys down my corridor (doing medicine) said it could be broken. I'll wait until I've recovered then piss on his door for scaring the **** out of me.

EDIT: Oh yeah and cheers for the replies, you've confirmed what I thought
Quote by Jackal58

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
probably a bad cramp

that time of the month

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by kyshack
Probably a strain or somethin. I dont think you can break your rib from coughing...

You actually can, but it must be extreme.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Actualy, it is possible to break a rib by coughing violently. And im not kidding. I suggest you go get that checked out, because if it is broken it may either heal incorectly, and cause you pain for the rest of you life, or in the worst case, manage to ram itself into your lung and kill you. Really, dont toy with this, go check it out. Even if it isnt broken, agony when caughing isnt a very good sign.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Sneezing is the most violent event your body does, so I don't think coughing would break a rib.

But you can tear/rip/strain all sorts of great stuff that causes lots of pain in the rib cage / stomach area. Tear lining away from ribs, separate cartilage, etc. etc.

Dissect a human a few times and you'll understand what I'm- whoops!

I'm teh br00tal d0ct0rz evaz!!
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Where's my Violin?
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by 0RI0N
Where's my Violin?

*hands violin*

PL4Y M3 A S0NG NAO!
Quote by Jackal58

Quote by Kilty Boxers