1. What recording program would be good to use if I could record it onto my computer?
I'm not a man with money, but either way, what would be the best one to get that's pretty much affordable and it doesn't have that many complications in it?

2. What is a cable I should use to hook my guitar up to the computer? I looked up StealthPlug and it seems to be okay, but I want everyone else's opinion
Audacity is free and works fine for basic recordings

You can either record via usb mic (Blue Snowball - 99 bucks) or direct in but you need the adapter.

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Audacity is free and has multitrack support. It's also got quite a few built in effects and it's pretty easy to get to grips with.

As for the StealthPlug I have no idea, I use an audio cable from the headphone socket on my amp into the microphone port of my PC. If you do this make sure mic boost is off otherwise things are super loud. Might want to this idea out though as some soundcards can get screwed up because the frequencies that are being fed into it.

Hope that helps.
I won once...
Quote by Recon _/
i give up,you won HAHAHAH

On July 15th 2009 I finally saw [NIИ] live!
Quote by White Jet
1. What recording program would be good to use if I could record it onto my computer?
I'm not a man with money, but either way, what would be the best one to get that's pretty much affordable and it doesn't have that many complications in it?

2. What is a cable I should use to hook my guitar up to the computer? I looked up StealthPlug and it seems to be okay, but I want everyone else's opinion

1) Reaper, or if you want very basic, Audacity...
Reaper is very affordable and a very good program, worth the money.

2) You should look into an audio interface. The toneports like the GX or UX1 are good for budget setups. If you are looking for more quality, spending $200 or more on something like a PreSonus Inspire would be ideal
Reaper is a fairly inexpensive program and is much better than audacity.

For hardware you could get a decent interface for a little under $150. Such as.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-AudioBox-USB?sku=243007

Do you have a PC or mac? what are the specs
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Last edited by Led man32 at Dec 17, 2008,
Thanks guys.

Led Man32, I have 960 MB of RAM, 1.8 GHz, and 60 gigs of memory.