Okay, I'm talking to this guy about buying his Marshall AVT150 half stack for $375 bucks, and I have the money and everything, read the reviews, and now I need to test it out.

Should I just ask to go and play it at his house or something? Isn't that just going to be awkward? Does anyone know a way around this? haha
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin x100b, Epip VJr, Crate V33
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
yes...but i don't see why you would want one? your v33 would kick it's ass
Uh... no, that's just waht you do... you have to play any amp before you buy it and is he supposed to haul it over to your place? of course not!
Quote by al112987
Uh... no, that's just waht you do... you have to play any amp before you buy it and is he supposed to haul it over to your place? of course not!

Why not? Make them work for their money!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Why not? Make them work for their money!

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
If he's selling on craigslist for example or some other classified add, then yes, usually people expect you to come to them if you want to try it out. Especially with something like an amp.

It can be advised to meet in a neutral place but again, he's got to lug it out of his house and then you run into the issue of 'where well the hell do we plug in'.

If you are younger then I may also advise taking a friend or parent with you if your not sure or at least tell someone where you are going and when you will be back.

Just use common sense.
hah if you find that awkward you probably also find going out to dinner with your family awkward.

Any seller knows that a prospective buyer will want to see the merchandise. So just say, hey I am interested in buying your amp. I would like to test it out. Can I come over (give dates)___. Thank you.

If you think rape will ensue. Bring a friend. Preferably a hot one. That way they will rape your friend, not you.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
If you think rape will ensue. Bring a friend. Preferably a hot one. That way they will rape your friend, not you.

completely agree ahahaha
Quote by algemar

I'd totally sig that if I had room
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

I'd totally sig that if I had room

where as i would sig it if I was less new to this and new how to sig
Quote by mosherhamish
where as i would sig it if I was less new to this and new how to sig

control panel-> edit signature on the left

PLEASE SIG ME THIS IS MY ONE CHANCE AT GLORY
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Usually you will meet up at the guys house and test it. But alot of people dont like you knowing where they live. Cant blame, theres some crazy a$$ people out there. But either way its up to him to figure out a place to meet. If you can get him to bring it to your house all the better. Free delivery and your on home turf. Also someone selling something that will bring it over to your house is more likely to cut you a better deal just so they dont haul it back to there house lol
Quote by Ghold125
yes...but i don't see why you would want one? your v33 would kick it's ass

Going on tour, and I don't the tubes will have a chance to last in the van. haha.

This thread pretty much confirmed what I was thinking, I just wanted to see if everyone was thinking the same as me.
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin x100b, Epip VJr, Crate V33
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
Quote by algemar
control panel-> edit signature on the left

PLEASE SIG ME THIS IS MY ONE CHANCE AT GLORY

Sigged. That was great!
THX
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by algemar

And remember if it starts to go down, dont be the prey be the predator. Because trying to rape him first is always a good deterrent
Quote by IbanezPsycho
And remember if it starts to go down, dont be the prey be the predator. Because trying to rape him first is always a good deterrent

LOL
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by algemar
hah if you find that awkward you probably also find going out to dinner with your family awkward.

Any seller knows that a prospective buyer will want to see the merchandise. So just say, hey I am interested in buying your amp. I would like to test it out. Can I come over (give dates)___. Thank you.

HA yeah man just dont do it alone...go shake his house then dip out like "f*ck it, i dont want this." sounds like a good time to me