ok im this p***** with metal music im actually gona make a thread asking why metal musician/songwriters are so sad.

let me give you a example : papa roach/slipknot/slayer

they are all talking about being antichrists/death s*** like that

im a indie fan oasis born and bred and these lyrics disgust me : Cut my life into pieces
I've reached my last resort, suffocation, no breathing
Don't give a **** if I cut my arms bleeding

thats just a intro

cult is even worse ... you dont need to say all that stuff .... why cant they just be happy ffs ... its so sad

my question is why do bands like this say stuff like that and cant they be a little happy surely?
Fender: Aerodyne Precision Bass
Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

BOSS: TU-2
BOSS: ODB-3
Jim Dunlop: Bass Wah Wah
Electro Harmonix: The Mole
Electro Harmonix: Bass Big Muff
Behringer: Bass Limiter Enchancer

Hartke: Kickback 12
Wrong forum, dude.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
yh sorry clicked on wrong one close this please
Fender: Aerodyne Precision Bass
Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

BOSS: TU-2
BOSS: ODB-3
Jim Dunlop: Bass Wah Wah
Electro Harmonix: The Mole
Electro Harmonix: Bass Big Muff
Behringer: Bass Limiter Enchancer

Hartke: Kickback 12
dude, first of all, i kinda agree with you. I dont like when all music just downs you...but in SOME cases, it has its place and has a positive spin to it i.e Bullet for my Valentine. But, cmon, first...papa roach is not metal. second, not all stuff by them and other metal bands is dysfunctional, and third, you can find depressing lyrics in all types of song genres. And while it mostly is stupid, some times you just need to see that someone else understands, and get the deeper meaning of it. Now i do blame depressing music for the overall disposition of kids today, but it can also have its place. It is just expressing their emotions and sad emotions make for most drama, which is translated as music that has a purpose.