Page 1 of 6
Okay so for those of you who were waiting for a response about Metalology's venture to leave the Jehovah's Witness faith..... it failed.

There isn't much I can fill you guys in on to be honest because I can no longer see my at one point fiancee. We had managed to get to my college dorm before his dad finally found his whereabouts and called us. In all actuality we had thought things were going to be great from the way his dad was speaking but I should have known better. Metalology's dad picked us up and took us up for dinner and things seemed to be going great; he accepted his decision on religion and on myself. So I ended up going home thinking things were perfect.

But!

I don't know what happened during the 24 hours I didn't see him but his parents managed to completely 360 his thought process. Myself and a few of his closest friends brought it upon ourselves to go to his house and try to help him out after we hadn't heard from him. As soon as I walked into the house I knew something was wrong, he was sitting at the table with all these magazines and bibles open highlighting while crying like mad. My entire world ended in that moment. Nathan (his best friend who lied to keep us safe at my dorm) was called downstairs, Metalology got me to go on a walk with him to the mall and the other two guys stayed at the house.

The walk to the mall was long and stressful, I knew what was coming and I couldn't do anything about it. Metalology told me that he chose his family and that we wouldn't be seeing each other anymore. I didn't know what to do with myself, when I say he was my world I am hardly exaggerating. I didn't see many of my friends because the only time I could talk to him was during the times they were off work, or I was too tired from staying up all night waiting for him to come over to do anything. I had dropped the majority of my college courses that way I could help him through all this crap, and completely screwed up many other contributing things. And yet he managed to drop myself and the life he had planned for himself in a matter of a few hours. The things that he said I didn't believe to be honest, he was like talking to a robot, everything seemed scripted. I begged him to think about what he was choosing but by this point he was long gone, whatever they said to him destroyed everything.

Eventually Nathan found us at the mall (its 9:30 at this point we were at the entrance of the mall and it was closed) and told us that he was kicked out of Metalology's house because he lied and that he could never see him again either. Shortly after his dad came along and we had an epic debate in which in my and the other guys who were there opinions I sorta won. But winning the battle and winning the war are two very different things, because I didn't win back Metalology.

So this is where we are now, its been five days since I have talked to him, they have cut off all lines of communication and are likely brainwashing him back into their cult ways. I can't stress enough how unfortunate this entire situation is and how useless. He now will have no respect within the cult, any communication we had before is gone, I lost my fiancee, he lost going to school for music (his parents decided he could go to school to be a guitar maker and they would move down so he wouldnt have to leave the house and stuff) and the list goes on.

I am so depressed and I don't know what to do, I can't eat because I can't hold down anything and thus far have lost 10 pounds. I can't sleep or if I do I dream of him and wake up crying, and I can't help but think about the entire situation. THe boy that I saw the last time was not my fiancee, and I don't know if I should give up or not yet or try to help him.

*sigh* and thats the shortened version of the story.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do?

For anyone who cares this is his original thread https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1003567
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Last edited by Shadowenspirit at Dec 17, 2008,
I'm so sorry.

I read that thread and it came to my mind the other day.

Is there no way you can talk to him one-on-one?

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
that is seriously screwed up. condolences to you, and hope that one day you and Metalology can see each other again.

but that kind of brainwashing is seriously disgusting.
This is why religion is the cause of human suffering.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I feel for you man...
I really do, just one of the reasons i'm against organised religion...
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
I'm so sorry.

I read that thread and it came to my mind the other day.

Is there no way you can talk to him one-on-one?

My father and I went to his house to speak to his parents on Sunday and he didn't even come upstairs while we were talking. I don't know if that was from choice, or because of his parents. But for right now, no I don't think I can talk to him one-on-one unless I consider converting... and we all know that would not be a wise decision for me.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by BlackandSilver
This is why religion is the cause of human suffering.

Take it somewere else.

RMF

Quote by Shadowenspirit
I am so depressed and I don't know what to do, I can't eat because I can't hold down anything and thus far have lost 10 pounds.

Eat food. You'll feel better, try something liquid like a shake or energy drink.

I can't sleep or if I do I dream of him and wake up crying, and I can't help but think about the entire situation.THe boy that I saw the last time was not my fiancee, and I don't know if I should give up or not yet or try to help him.

Time will tell. You should try to do something with friends, you have to move on since there's nothing he can do.
Quote by imdeth
Try to help him you fool!

What can I do?!? IF you have ideas, please share.. I would do anything for him.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
this is horrible... my heart goes out to you, i really dont know what you can do
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Wow, can you even speak to him on the phone or something? I guess you could try convincing him to join you.

If not, I'd say get on with your life, no point in being held back
Quote by Shadowenspirit
My father and I went to his house to speak to his parents on Sunday and he didn't even come upstairs while we were talking. I don't know if that was from choice, or because of his parents. But for right now, no I don't think I can talk to him one-on-one unless I consider converting... and we all know that would not be a wise decision for me.

I'm really sorry.

I say keep going for it, just try to talk to him, show him the thread he made or just do something to remind him of your past times and stuff.

The worst thing you could do is give in.

Edit: Maybe a note or something, write down everything and remind him of how much he loves you. Slip it to him or his room or get someone to give it to him. It's worth a shot surely?

RMF

I don't know what to say to this, other than I'm so sorry..
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
That's terrible to hear but I say you keep fighting, in the words of Stephanie from Lazy Town: "There is always a way, you gotta believe you can make it" ... that may seem like a random quote but I think the message is still there. Good luck with whatever happens.
There are things I just don't understand, like he had said to me before his parents took him away that in his heart we were already married and that it didnt matter if it was on paper or not. And that I no longer had to fear or anything because we were together and always would be.

And then this!
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Jehovahs Witness - Top of my list of of hate.

Religion is bad for the world.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
That is very saddening. I don't know what else to write. I probably would make the same decision, but before I got someone so emotionally involved. But then, I trust my parents to the utmost. Really, JW will not let someone go if they can help it. I guess all I can say is I'm sorry and I'm praying for you (no, I'm not JW).

Your thread title was a little confusing, I thought he was trying to join JW.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
tl;wr

Just skimming through, this sounds intense. Don't join cults or religions.

You're a cunt.

TS, I followed that thread and the one after it.
Its a shame it worked out this way. I guess they had a greater hold over him than it seemed. Look after yourself, it's not your fault.
that sucks I feel bad for you even though I didn't read the other thread and thus don't know the story behind this it still sucks. Think of it like a vampire cult, you have to kill the head vampire to convert the others back *wink* *wink*
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Simsimius
Jehovahs Witness - Top of my list of of hate.

Religion is bad for the world.

It's seriously one of my least favourite cult's in existence.. I wish it would just die out.. its one of the most ridiculous and it has so little to back it up.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
tl;wr

Just skimming through, this sounds intense. Don't join cults or religions.

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
wow... Honey I'm sorry that happened... Just keep fighting okay? Trust me, someday he'll realize what they're doing to him, and he'll come back. Just keep going, and best of luck because you certainly deserve it.
Quote by Shadowenspirit
What can I do?!? IF you have ideas, please share.. I would do anything for him.

Somehow get him out the house and take him to a friend's house. Somewhere where his parents can't find him and talk it out I guess.
I think you should go and ask him if he can at least give you the reason he owes you for this U-turn which has royally ****ed your life up.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Shadowenspirit
It's seriously one of my least favourite cult's in existence.. I wish it would just die out.. its one of the most ridiculous and it has so little to back it up.

Thus, if I were to become a terrorist, or a murderer, or whatever, they'd be my first target.

But I can always use words to spread my hatred of them.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Shadowenspirit

Is there no way you can think of to prove to him that he wants you more than a stupid religion?
Like I said before, if you really like him, keep trying.

If you can't talk to him, write him a letter and remind him of everything he said.

RMF

I'm so sorry.

I really wish the best for you and your family.

Time makes everything better, despite as hard as it is for you right now. Try to get out and do things with your friends and family, and make sure you eat something.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by metaldud536
He posts here, woman! This is gonna be akward. And I'm sorry for your loss

He won't be for a long time due to the fact his parents won't let him near a computer. Also: He said that he would post on what happens, if he didn't.. it was my responsibility.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
I'll tell you what I would do. I would get him and his parents together, where you could all talk, then start asking the parents questions about their religion. Ask them where the Dinosaurs were in the bible? Ask them if God is in control and see's and knows all, then where is he when little innocent children are getting molested? Do your research on their religion, then hit them in the head with hard questions, that they can't answer. You might not get your fiancee back, but you'll make his folks look like fools, right in front of him.
Quote by aaciseric
Is there no way you can think of to prove to him that he wants you more than a stupid religion?

I'm not sure, to be honest I wasn't expecting this at all.. I always had walls to protect myself so that I couldn't get hurt before. But then after he left and the way he spoke to me that day I just allowed myself to fully open up to him. It destroyed me. I don't know what I could possibly do.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
His parents are dickwads but don't tar all JW's with the same brush.

I came out and my relationship with my JW mum hasn't changed one bit. Same with alot of ppl I know and their parents.

Every religion has members that take it too far.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
dude, bring the dad to me. i will tear his ass to shreds in a theological debate. i may be an atheist now, but i still know my anti-JW and anti-mormon routines like no other.
#DTWD
Quote by Matt420740
I'll tell you what I would do. I would get him and his parents together, where you could all talk, then start asking the parents questions about their religion. Ask them where the Dinosaurs were in the bible? Ask them if God is in control and see's and knows all, then where is he when little innocent children are getting molested? Do your research on their religion, then hit them in the head with hard questions, that they can't answer. You might not get your fiancee back, but you'll make his folks look like fools, right in front of him.

I actually sort of did that during the debate I had with his father in the mall.. but I don't know if that made an impact.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
There's nothing you can do.
Branches like the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormonism are extremist sects where they don't take desertion lightly, especially for the family of the deserter. The Jehovah's Witnesses is particular do some pretty secretive things (marriage ceremony, for one), so having someone leave could damage them as a church. It's pretty crazy.
Gretsch Electromatic - 2008 Series.
Seagull Coastline S6 - Spruce Top.
Some nylon that was given to me. IT SHREDS HARD, DUDE.