Page 1 of 2
360 is NOT the greatest system ever made. It has a good fanbase, but only because of stupid ass Halo. They're poorly made.

I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.
wtf? how can someone file a lawsuit against the grreatest system ever made

Wahey! Another ****ty console wars thread!
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Oli_88
Because they suck.
Yes. I got an RRoD.

So did I, I sent it off, got a free fix in a week and 2 days with no warranty and a month's free Xbox live.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Oli_88
Because they suck.
Yes. I got an RRoD.

happened to me TWICE
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

its about time, everyone i know who owns one has seen the ring of death. why would they release a system that every single unit self destructs? there was a car company in the 80s that did the same thing. they where called yugo.
Maybe if people wouldn't play for 24 hours in a row it wouldn't malfunction. I've only had mine do the ring of death once because I played it all day and left it on for long periods of time. I've had my current one for 2 yrs and 4 months.

EDIT: OH, the whole disc scratching thing. Mine's scratched two games, but they still work fine.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Last edited by MetalMegaMan at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by L_E_M_U_R
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/microsoft-faces-new-xbox-360-reliability-accusations/1274293

here it is

i've had one...and it has never done anythig to my games or screwed up on me.. i take CARE of my systems

You are extremely lucky. At my place of work the three of us fixed 54 xbox360s. In just one day, there are more that need doing and there are more to be delivered shortly after christmas and 90% of the are RRoD.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by L_E_M_U_R
wtf? how can someone file a lawsuit against the grreatest system ever made

Because they don't function the way machinery of that price should and the system itself is as buggy as a Motel 6. Xbox 360 has good games, but it's a shitty excuse for a console.
i take it back i forgot about the nes sorry guys haha. i have left mine on for extreme periods of time
Quote by schecter ftw
....Cause you touch yourself at night.

Had to say it sorry.

that was a great comment..if only this was a comedy thread (you sir are a genius)
Quote by PlayMadness

i hope you know microsoft wasnt even an original computer company
bill gates left Macintosh and made Windows, which was the name for the starting window for a Mac
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Because the 360's failure rating was at 33%....when regulations say that a product should only have a 3-5% failure rating?

And that the system's cheaply made and cheaply assembled?

360's are ****e, get a PS3
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
"Red Ring of Death"

Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by Gregoric
Because the 360's failure rating was at 33%....when regulations say that a product should only have a 3-5% failure rating?

And that the system's cheaply made and cheaply assembled?

360's are ****e, get a PS3

Don't let this turn into a console war.

That being said, PS3 > Xbox 360.
my uncle has only had his for a month or 3 cant remember just got it this year (ps3) and it has already started having problems...he takes care of his systems too (believe me...its scary to know)
Taken from the link posted by LEMUR

"The characteristic circular scratches can occur whenever the orientation of the console -- which is designed to be used in either a horizontal or vertical position -- is changed while the drive is spinning. Johnson filed his suit after his console scratched three store-bought game discs, and is seeking $50,000 in punitive damages. "
I'm fairly sure the manual says NOT to turn the console while a game is in the drive and the console is on. And 50 grand for 3 games that got scratched? This guy let it happen 3 times? No learning curve.
Keeping it real since '92
Quote by L_E_M_U_R
what would the ps3's problem be called when it stops working.. the blue dot of fury? hhaha

No, it's called "I don't have one problem common enough for it's own name"-syndrome.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by jon93971
happened to me TWICE

happened to me THRICE!!
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, it's called "I don't have one problem common enough for it's own name"-syndrome.

Quote by madbasslover
Because they don't function the way machinery of that price should and the system itself is as buggy as a Motel 6. Xbox 360 has good games, but it's a shitty excuse for a console.

Listen to this guy.

He has good reason to do so.
I think their should be a class action law suit against them, I want an apology and some money since I'm on my 3rd 360. My buddies PS3 is doing fine.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
I will say that the PS3 isn't without it's share of problems but they're nowhere near as common as anything to do with an xbox.

Interestingly enough though I think we've only dealt with one Wii in the entire time I've been there though, that says something I think...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
my 360 gets looked after, so no problems yet. I could just rump this ***** of a machine I LOVE IT TO BITS.
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Lies. The CD-I was the best console ever, narrowly followed by the Sega Genesis!

>.>

<.<
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by mreed1990
I think their should be a class action law suit against them, I want an apology and some money since I'm on my 3rd 360.

I'm on my 4th, and each time they send us a new one it seems to last shorter than the one we had before. I've heard they send an Elite for the 10th repair, though, so maybe we'll have upgraded by the end of next year.
I'm sure you only get overheating if you play on it lik everyday for 6 hours.

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

Page 1 of 2