Can't believe that there's no Sparklehorse thread yet. It's a really great band with Mark Linkous as the songwriter, guitarist and vocalist. If you like Radiohead or Daniel Johnston, you could probably like them. Recommended for any alternative music lover. Start with the album It's a wonderful life if you're interested.

official site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparklehorse
piano fire is absolutley amazing, and i really like apple bed.

i've been digging his albums lately, morning spiders pretty much as good imo
yeah I have its a wonderful life, hows that in terms of other stuff they've put out?
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
yeah I have its a wonderful life, hows that in terms of other stuff they've put out?

Every album is good in its own way, my personal favourite is Good morning spider. it's more alternative oriented with more orchestration and experimentation than vivadixie or it's a wonderful life, who are more rockish or something like that. I might be wrong, but that's my impression.

dreamt for light years in a belly of a mountain is a story for itself, a really great alternative album. definately worth a listen.

I'd recommend Good morning spider after It's a wonderful life. Or simply listen to all of them.
Sparklehorse is great, I've been listening to them for more than 10 years now courtesy of my dad being a die-hard fan. My favourite is without a doubt Good Morning Spider but I love everything they've done; honourable mentions go to Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot and Distorted Ghost EP.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Mark Linkous is a genius. Favourite album is probably Vivadixie, but all of his stuff is amazing.
I'm so adjective, I verb nouns.
it's a shame more people don't listen to this band. apple bed is the most depressing song ever.
I don't see the connection to Daniel Johnston... at all...

Knives of Summertime is one of my most favorite songs of all time.
Definitely a fan of the whole Dreamt For Light Years album

The collab album he with with Danger Mouse and others last year was really good. Dark Night of the Soul. Worth a mention/listen.
Yeah...such a damn shame. Dreamt For Light Years In the Belly of a Mountain is a fantastic album. Thanks for all the music, Linkous.
Quote by jiminizzle

he wrote such beautiful music.
listening to cow on repeat

I did that for a long time. Brilliant, beautiful song.

Pretty girl, milking a cow...

Oh yeah...
I'm so adjective, I verb nouns.
yeah there's magic in his music.

Quote by Bumcivilian

Pretty girl, milking a cow...

Oh yeah...

man... that moment is all i ever wanted from music.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Vivadixie ... is a great album. On the first few listens it seemed quite slow and dragged a bit, but every time after that it just sounded more and more beautiful. Still can't work out if it's Cow, Beautiful Widow or Treat You Good that's my favourite from the album, which shows the kind of quality we're talking about.

Guess all we can do now is keep playing his music if we ever need reminding of all the great stuff people can do