Google, wikipedia, searchbar turned up nothing.

Does anyone know of specific examples of the earliest guitar songs, or songs in general? Preferably instrumental.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Old McDonald had a farm.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Probably not recorded anywhere...

I figured maybe it was passed down and sort of evolved into a song we would have heard...
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
I'm sure you could turn up some Rennaissance lute music.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Early songs where like Gregorian chants and things. But most of them we don't have because of the lack or sheet music/recording
Quote by Draken
lulz is a stupid term used by rectal dwelling wart children.
in ancient greeks they played songs
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
Earliest proof we have of music is Gregorian chant.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Well Classical guitar has been around for a long time. Guitar has a lot of history behind it, u can probably go back at least 3,000 years. I would think the first songs on the guitar were ether from asia with the Se, or something like that
This thread made me think-what was the first song ever recorded?
whatthefedit: And I don't mean recorded as in, we have a record that proves it exists, I mean something you can actually hear.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by Musicguy208
Well Classical guitar has been around for a long time. Guitar has a lot of history behind it, u can probably go back at least 3,000 years. I would think the first songs on the guitar were ether from asia with the Se, or something like that

well wasn't it the Spanish who initially came up with the idea of the acoustic guitar more or less as we see them today?
The buddist throat chant thingy sounds amazing. The throat is an instrument......
Quote by Musicguy208

That post is balls in my face. Classical guitar has been around since the classical era.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
First recorded - Mary Had a Little Lamb
First with any proof - various Greek pieces (why do you think the modes are all Greek names?)
First hypothesized - Cro-Magnon flute and drum music, using pentatonic scales and (probably) simple rhythms.
First guitar - the earliest we have proof of is Luis Milan's El Maestro, a guide for how to play vihuela de mano (an Italian predecessor of guitar). But it's presumed that earlier pieces exist.

Edit: The classical guitar did not exist in the classical era. The Classical Era refers to a period in Greece, Rome, and the rest of the Eastern Mediterranean, which, depending your definition can include any part of the period from the 7th Century BC to the 5th Century AD. The vihuela de mano, the first instrument closely resembling a guitar in shape, playing style, and construction, was first used in the Renaissance period, about a thousand years later.
Quote by Danno13
PROTIP: With guitars, you can go ahead and add the "Ed." to "Special"

My gear:
1964 Gibson SG
2007 Gretsch Electromatic
Washburn Acoustic-Electric
Some Fender amp
1967 Encore pile of dung
Last edited by 67SG at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by Grif22
well wasn't it the Spanish who initially came up with the idea of the acoustic guitar more or less as we see them today?

Kind of, the spanish guitar is a modification of the lute, introduced to Spain by the Moors, wich came from Eastern Asia, and Northern Africa

I think.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Here is the problem, the guitar as we know it is not what everyone used way back when. If we are talking strictly about the guitar as we know it today, then we can probably go back about 400-500 years. If we are talking about guitars as a family of instruments then we go back very far. Again, instruments like the Se or the Guqin have been around for thousands of years.
My stuff:
Ovation Celebrity
Ibanez Acoustic
Behringer Electric, a short scale POS
Titan Bass, also a POS
FL Studio 10 Signature Edition
M-Audio Midi Controller
Soulja Boy invented music. Fact.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
Soulja Boy invented music. Fact.

This mans speaks the truth.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Hot For Teacher. /Family Guy ref.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I find this very fascinating, even more so because it was found in my country: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divje_Babe

Its hollowed out piece of bone with holes on top, closely resembling a flute. It was suposedly made by Neanderthals, 45.000 years ago. There is some dispute if the artifact is in fact a musical instrument, but i belive that if you read trough the text, that there are more than enough evidence to suggest that it is. If it is an actual flute, that would make it the oldest instrument found on earth, and would date music back at least 45.000 years.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.