shredding, picking up and down in alternative patterns to rape the guitars neck entirely

and very well mind you

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Last edited by deafening at Dec 17, 2008,
Uhh... playing really fast?

The technique is tremolo picking. In this case he's just pedaling a pentatonic lick very fast.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
tapping slightly before 41 secs or so and yeah, plaing good after that
alterante picking very fast or 'tremolo picking' and hitting everynote with precise co-ordination. takes practise
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
To do anything Zakk Wylde does is relatively simple in theory... it's a pentatonic scale, learn that in a 3 note per string scale and you can be Zakk... sorta...
Wow, so he's not just playing some Michael Angelo Batio stuff? He's picking each note twice?
Quote by apexny
Wow, so he's not just playing some Michael Angelo Batio stuff? He's picking each note twice?

No, he's picking each note once. It's an original solo as far as I can make out but you'll need to practice for years to get to that standard.

Anyone else notice how much better he is there compared to now?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, he's picking each note once. It's an original solo as far as I can make out but you'll need to practice for years to get to that standard.

Anyone else notice how much better he is there compared to now?

Yeah I totally thought the same thing.