So I went to the doctor about 7 weeks ago for what he said was a pretty nasty case of ringworm in my new tattoo. It has gotten a little better with application of Lotrimin cream but it hasn't gone away completely.

I had to get a referral to a dermatologist and I go tomorrow. It's not really painful or anything just annoying b/c it won't ****ing go away. I've been reading up on this MRSA stuff and while what I have doesn't really resemble any of the pictures I'm still pretty worried.

Mostly b/c I'm moving 2600 miles away in less than 2 months. The tattoo still looks good.

Anyone ever had MRSA?
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Yes, then I cut it out with a Bowie knife.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
This will be closed, more than likely. Anyways, I've never had MRSA, but I'm familiar with it. From what I understand, it causes many deaths because people mistake the first sign of it for a spider bite. As long as you and your doctors know that you have it, you'll be fine. It's easily treated with antibiotics.
Use this as inspiration. Write a death metal song about infection called Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
The main problem with MRSA is all the media hype.

You've got to talk all the British press coverage of anything with a pinch of salt, as it is horrendously sensationalist.

Seriously, don't worry.
Quote by Trefellin
Use this as inspiration. Write a death metal song about infection called Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.

Bastard, your medical knowledge has eclipsed mine! You probably just looked it up on wikipedia, though.

No one on this forum possesses my infinite medical knowledge!
Quote by madbasslover
Bastard, your medical knowledge has eclipsed mine! You probably just looked it up on wikipedia, though.

No one on this forum possesses my infinite medical knowledge!

Yea.. I didn't know what it was
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by fastlanestoner
So I went to the doctor about 7 weeks ago for what he said was a pretty nasty case of ringworm in my new tattoo. It has gotten a little better with application of Lotrimin cream but it hasn't gone away completely.

I had to get a referral to a dermatologist and I go tomorrow. It's not really painful or anything just annoying b/c it won't ****ing go away. I've been reading up on this MRSA stuff and while what I have doesn't really resemble any of the pictures I'm still pretty worried.

Mostly b/c I'm moving 2600 miles away in less than 2 months. The tattoo still looks good.

Anyone ever had MRSA?

I'm an attorney for the US Social Security Administration. I work in the department dealing with disability appeals. I've come across claimants with MRSA. One woman developed it after having a mastectomy. The problem is, it can go dormant with treatment, but once you have it, it never really "goes away." It also can be very painful apparently. Best of luck.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by floppypick
Yea.. I didn't know what it was

My mom worked in medicine for several years and I watch a lot of shows like "Dr. G," "Mystery Diagnosis," etc, so I have quite a bit of general medical knowledge. I kinda miss the days when medical threads were allowed because I always liked to answer people's questions. I should've been a doctor.
It's not really painful, more itchy than anything. It's definitely not getting worse, just not any better which makes me think it isn't MRSA b/c by now it would be exponentially worse. **** me.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
MRSA is not dangerous to people in good health. Staph isn't exactly a very hardcore bacterium, and people are exposed to numerous non-resistant strains of SA everyday. MRSA is only dangerous to people who are immunocompromised or otherwise unable to fight the infection.
Quote by Mad_BOB
MRSA is not dangerous to people in good health. Staph isn't exactly a very hardcore bacterium, and people are exposed to numerous non-resistant strains of SA everyday. MRSA is only dangerous to people who are immunocompromised or otherwise unable to fight the infection.

MRSA is dangerous to anyone if left untreated. Most people don't realize that the open lesion caused by MRSA is just that. It's more often mistaken for a spider bite.
Our hospitals are so unclean, even looking at one now gives you full-blown MRSA and possibly knob-rot.
Quote by madbasslover
MRSA is dangerous to anyone if left untreated. Most people don't realize that the open lesion caused by MRSA is just that. It's more often mistaken for a spider bite.

MRSA shouldn't be able to take hold and form lesions in a person with a healthy immune system. It's not like it's a big meaty bacterium like meningococcus. It's only strength is it's resistance to anti-biotics.
MRSA is nothing

C.difficile is where its at.

But seriously my dads a doctor and to be honest MRSA isnt realy that much of a illness, in terms of deaths you should be more scared of cancer.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

My grandma is in the hospital with Pneumonia coupled with MRSA...I had to go get a test to make sure I didn't have it...stupid cotton swabs....
Yes, you can get MRSA from playing the guitar and its not something to dismiss, although its incredibly rare. I had a MRSA infection in my right arm pit in 2012. I was one month out from my senior recital in college music program and I was practicing heavily at the time. Until this ordeal, I also wore a lot of cut-off T-shirts. Ended up with an inch-deep hole in my right armpit right where my guitar rests. The doctor was so surprised by how bad it was she forgot to properly prepare my armpit before the surgery and shave it (while she was fetching Linda, the lesion lady, who just had to see that shit), then afterwards realized she was going to have to rip out (about 10 or so) fingerfuls of my armpit hair from around the inch-deep incision. The MRSA infection that guitar playing caused gave me pain tolerance cred with medical professionals.
>Ringworm on your new tattoo

That tattoo parlor should probably get checked out.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
For a moment I thought the thread was about ASMR which is perhaps the best sleeping aid out there.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by madbasslover

MRSA doesn't cause lesions; it stops them healing, but the wound has to be there first.

It may well go from the wound into the bloodstream, which will **** you up big style(this hasn't happened with TS; if you've got septicaemia, you'll know all about it). If it colonises the lungs, again, that'll **** you up(but with pneumonia this time).

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Yes, I had it on my foot. It went away with antibiotics and the wound itself healed pretty quick. The end!
cat
Lads (and Nini), 7 year old thread
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by chrismendiola
Lord have MRSA.

Been waitin' for the bus all day.
Quote by Diemon Dave
why do people who get bitten by spiders get mrsa? i thought it was only in hospitals where they use a lot of antibiotics that people contract it
Quote by So-Cal
why do people who get bitten by spiders get mrsa? i thought it was only in hospitals where they use a lot of antibiotics that people contract it

No, more people get ill from it in hospital because they're already ill. Or because they have open wounds, drains, catheters or cannulae in.

If you walked up to people in the street and started swabbing their skin, assuming they didn't call the police on you and have you arrested, you'd be able to culture MRSA from rather a lot of them.
Quote by Diemon Dave
yup, in one of my labs we had to swab each other and culture it. so I thought my lab partner was FILTHY and I was scared to go near her during the next lab but then I saw my cultures that she did and was like oh...ok
cat
I contracted MRSA after surgery on my ear when I was 3 or 4. I really don't remember it. It did lead me to both of my dissertations though. The first one was a literary review on how the creation and adherence of MRSA reduction guidelines has affected the incidence of Clostridium difficile in both a clinical and community setting (really should have focussed on clinical only, really), and the second was based on quorum sensing. That one specifically was titled 'The viability of conducting research into the binding of autoinducers as a way of suppressing quorum sensing in E. coli in order to suppress a toxic response to increased population density.' As stated, we pretty much all have MRSA on us (there isn't just one specific MRSA bacteria, it's basically any strain of strep that' resistant to beta lactams), as well as botulinum, anthracis... all sorts. It's just that they haven't reached population densities high enough to trigger a high enough response through quorum sensing to start going apeshit on our bodies. It's really interesting stuff.
a year or two ago. idk how i even got it i thought it was a spider bite so i wasnt gonna do anything about it.. one day i backed into a doorknob and it felt like i was shot so i took some pain killers and got an expert opinion and was told go to the doctor

turns out its probably good i did guess mrsa's a shit thing to have. went away in like three days once i took bactrum