Hey there. I'm thinkin of getting/trading myself a new amp.

At the moment I got a Fender Hot Rod and it's very nice on clean, never use the crunch.
It's very loud for my bedroom playing and will be for any gig(presumed I use PA)
I therefore thinkin' of downgrading myself to a Blues JR which is the same deal just 25 watts less and singel channel but still quite loud.

If I do this trade - My HotRod for a Blues JR, I could get some extra money and still have the "same" amp and sound.

Is this a good idea or is there any other amps you could recomend me instead that would give me the same kind of deal?

I don't take the time to write my style etc now, I'm open to sugesstions!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Dec 17, 2008,
if you like the sound, don't do anything. keep the amp. Downgrading to a blues JR will give you a different sound, probably similar, but if you like your tone now, KEEP IT
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Blues Jr. and HRD are not very similar in sound at all

Buy an attenuator if it's too loud
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
If you're happy with the HRD, why change anything?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
dont trade it in you like the sound so you like the amp.
if its a valve amp as well then no two amps will ever sound exactly the same there will always be suitale differences that you'll hear.
I've played both amps and if they were exactly the same price, I'd take the Blues Jr.

So, I think I hear what you are saying backtothe70's. I'd make the change. There are some mods to the BJ you may want to consider also.