Greetings.

Can anyone please explain to me how drum triggers work and what devices are needed in addition to the actual triggers? I understand what triggers are and what they do, but I don't understand how and am confused on whether I need a midi-converter AND a drum module or are they one in the same?

Thanks, greatly appreciate the help.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
drum modules ARE midi converters. drum triggers are just devices that send an electronic signal from an acoustic or electric drum to a brain/module and trigger a sound. in the case of acoustic kits like death metal guys they use them to trigger a specific volume because they are too pussy to play blastbeats loud for more than 1 minute.
Last edited by Ziesta at Dec 17, 2008,
Triggers are very precise microphone/midi effects.It's not necessarily cheating to use triggers.Only slapback triggers are.Let me explain...

Many extreme metal drummers use blast beats and cymbal rhythms..something extremely difficult to do at high speeds if you have a melody to worry about. Drummers usually have to hit the drums very quickly and lightly to get as many notes.triggers just amplify the notes and keep time.(for the most part)
Quote by gun4hire
ugh, you cant rape someone with a pineapple because that would assume that someone doesnt want to have sex with a pineapple, which is impossible

Quote by Jackal58
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Especially an ignorant law.
Quote by Ziesta
drum modules ARE midi converters. drum triggers are just devices that send an electronic signal from an acoustic or electric drum to a brain/module and trigger a sound. in the case of acoustic kits like death metal guys they use them to trigger a specific volume because they are too technically occupied to play blastbeats loud for more than 1 minute.

fixed it.
Quote by gun4hire
ugh, you cant rape someone with a pineapple because that would assume that someone doesnt want to have sex with a pineapple, which is impossible

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Eloy montes
fixed it.

you put the words in the wrong order. and blastbeats arent technically demanding they are PHYSICALLY...jazz fusion is technically demanding.
Quote by Ziesta
you put the words in the wrong order. and blastbeats arent technically demanding they are PHYSICALLY...jazz fusion is technically demanding.

Yeah, because Metal only consists of blastbeats.
Am I the only one who read the title of this thread as Delirium Trigger?
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Ziesta

There are alot of outstanding metal drummers that use fusion styles..such as Sean Reinert.
Quote by gun4hire

Quote by Jackal58