Page 1 of 8
which guitarists have the worst sound/tone? im not into fuzz i dont like matt bellamys tone, or the slipknot guys with their knuckleheads
Randy Rhoads. I love his playing, but when Marshall released a signature amp on his behalf I was left scratching my head. Do people actually want to sound like that??
Quote by Ziesta
which guitarists have the worst sound/tone? im not into fuzz i dont like matt bellamys tone, or the slipknot guys with their knuckleheads

no one likes slipknot.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by tanman
Randy Rhoads. I love his playing, but when Marshall released a signature amp on his behalf I was left scratching my head. Do people actually want to sound like that??

Oh God, yes.

I never understood that either. I also don't see why his Jackson RR is so popular either.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
slipknot sounded like trash in iowa but vol 3 and self titled sounded great.

mm. paul gilberts tone is quite weak live :/
dan donegan from disturbed. saw a live performance of them at the metal hammer awards a while back, sounded like he was playing through a marshall MG
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
I really hate Dimebag Darrell's tone. Amazing guitarist, and I like Pantera. But I can't stand the whine his guitar makes.

Quote by Ziesta
dont disrespect the deads tone dude you will be cursed with marshall mgs and cheap bc richs

EDIT: RIP

...there, that better? lol
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Last edited by BlindSilence917 at Dec 18, 2008,
Quote by Helloween4Ever
no one likes slipknot.

+1
I dont like Korn's guitarist either...on that matter I dont like korn
-I don't believe this, my girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

-In a row?
Petrucci, Di Meola, McLaughlin.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by tanman

What's wrong with it then. Mind you, I haven't heard much of his playing, so...
Last edited by Randio at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by BlindSilence917
I really hate Dimebag Darrell's tone. Amazing guitarist, and I like Pantera. But I can't stand the whine his guitar makes.

dont disrespect the deads tone dude you will be cursed with marshall mgs and cheap bc richs
Quote by Xiaoxi
Petrucci, Di Meola, McLaughlin.

Here we go!...................
Quote by CTFOD
Oh God, yes.

I never understood that either. I also don't see why his Jackson RR is so popular either.

That guitar is actually really nice. REALLY nice. You can do a lot of different styles on it and make them sound convincing. The looks obviously aren't for everyone, but the guitar itself plays like a dream.
Kerry King
Herman Li

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by tanman
That guitar is actually really nice. REALLY nice. You can do a lot of different styles on it and make them sound convincing. The looks obviously aren't for everyone, but the guitar itself plays like a dream.

I tried one out once, couldn't sit comfortably, couldn't get a decent tone, and found it really awkward, but whatever, each to their own.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Mattias "IA" Eklundh

Great player but I can hardly stand to watch any of his demo's and lessons because of his disgusting tone.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Helloween4Ever
no one likes slipknot.

I do, now hush child.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
paul gilberts tone is quite weak live

I disagree but whatever.

Personally I think the worst tone I've ever heard from a professional guitarist is Bloodbath's tone on "The Waken Carnage"...mush and nothing but.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by samerika
fall out boy has a pretty awful tone.

That's a given. No one likes Fall Out Boy.
Brian May

Just kidding, that's like the best guitar sound ever in the history of ever.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
i agree with most of the posts so far... i was gonna say Randy Rhoades for sure... it probably sounded good when him and ozzy were wrecked on cocaine, but the tones on Blizzard of Ozz are very thin, kinda grating...

i never like the guitar sounds from Korn, or Slipknot, or any other band of similar genre... too sludgy, and i hear more distortion than i hear notes
Paul Waggoner, John Petrucci, Paul Gilbert, Buckethead, Jeff Loomis.
All their tones digust me, they're so talentless too.
Quote by Randio
What's wrong with it then. Mind you, I haven't heard much of his playing, so...

My opinion of his tone isn't exactly tangible, but here goes: both his rhythm and lead tone sound hollow and gritty to me. It's like he went for fuzz without getting all the way there, and completely abandoned what can be beautiful about rock tone.
anyone who plays deans generally have a sucky tone

wonder why that is....

esp FTW!!
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Quote by boreamor
Link?

I would except my computer doesn't load vids anymore but go to youtube and put in zakk wylde and slash it should show them jamming together and they might've not been drunk but i hope they were.AWFUL

Quote by Orbit91

The doors that way feel free to use it.
Quote by BlindSilence917

This

Tone worked OK for the riffs/rhythms, but whenever he did a solo it's terrible. I do love me some pantera though
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by coryklok
Metallica's ...And Justice For All.

Wtf, that album sounds awesome.

And the RR is hard to get used to for sitting down comfortably, but after a while you get used to it... Now I find it hard to play strat/LP shaped guitars.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Orbit91

My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

Oh my God

My least favorite tone would have to be Nick Zinner's (only sometimes, it's usually good but other times it sounds like he ripped a huge wet one. Sorry for the grotesque description, that's the only way I can describe it).
Last edited by thewho65 at Dec 17, 2008,