Hey there,
so yeah, I have a grand to spend on a tube combo. I listen to PETRUCCI, Guthrie Govan, Allen Hinds, Vai, Satch, Gilbert ect...
I play shred, Fusion, Funk, Jazz, Blues, Latin, Polyrhymic Death Metal ect...
So the bottom line is im going to need a amp with great cleans (Fender, Mesa F series cleans) and tight high gain distortion ( like a Mesa Boogie Mark II C+ and the Mark IV).
So you guys have any suggestions on a combo or head, Please leave a comment with the Brand, Model and Price(also I live in canada so like Ebay and buying from other countries is really expensive for just shipping and customs) but anyways I would like feedback and suggestions.
Thanks
T-JP
I don't know the price or if there is even a combo but peavey JSX is the greatest amp ever!!!
LifeSucks
PeopleDie
F*ckTheWorld
LetsGetHigh
Quote by JoelTheShredder
jsx combo used ?

A friend of mine had the JSX head with a Marshall 1960B cab and it wasn't really for me. I also don't think im going to need 120 watts of tube power LOL. I'm thinking maybe 30-50 watts.
thanks though
Peavey Classic 30.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Bugera 6262/333xl
used peavey xxx combo
peavey 6505 (although you probably won't be satisfied with the cleans)
marshall jcm2000 dsl combo (might not have enough gain)
It sounded like the jsx combo was perfect for you, but if you don't like it...
There's alot more used combo's that you could find, but I'm not familiar with expensive amps...since I can only afford cheap ones
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by VoodooCow229
Peavey Classic 30.

The Peavey Classic 30 does Tight High Gain Distortion?
I've heard you can get a Satch tone with a Satchurator and the Classic. I also heard lots of reverb and loose tube problems with the amp. I'll try it out but i'm not sure if it's going to cut the death metal stuff i do.
Mesa Mark III.

ENGL Thunder maybe?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by mrxtreme_4
Bugera 6262/333xl
used peavey xxx combo
peavey 6505 (although you probably won't be satisfied with the cleans)
marshall jcm2000 dsl combo (might not have enough gain)
It sounded like the jsx combo was perfect for you, but if you don't like it...
There's alot more used combo's that you could find, but I'm not familiar with expensive amps...since I can only afford cheap ones

I've tried the Bugera 6262, I found it too grainy and fizzy, though I didn't crank it.

Isn't the Peavey XXX the earlier jsx, and pretty close to the JSX?
I don't know if the xxx is the earlier jsx, but they do sound similar. The xxx is more raw distortion wise, which may be what your looking for.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
EDIT: Hold on I didn't see it in the title.

If you can get about 2 Grand, then you can get this.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-JVM-Series-JVM215C-50W-1x12-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481674

Hell load of money but it is great for every type of music you mentioned.

For less money, a Valveking may do you well.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp?sku=481443
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by tmfiore at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by tmfiore
EDIT: Hold on I didn't see it in the title.

If you can get about 2 Grand, then you can get this.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-JVM-Series-JVM215C-50W-1x12-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481674

Hell load of money but it is great for every type of music you mentioned.

For less money, a Valveking may do you well.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp?sku=481443

I tried both over the weekend, i found the JVM fizzy past the 12th fret of my Ibanez RG770DXLB from 1990. the valveking was alright, i thought my old peavey bandit sounded better.
why not just get a mark IV? they have great cleans, and the drive you want.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
ENGL Thunder..

Fender-ish cleans, loads of gain (very very tight bottom end, incredibly definition).
Mesa Mark III.

ENGL Thunder maybe?[/QUOTE

I saw a mark III for sale on my criagslist a year ago for 1750 bucks!
:S

I just checked up the ENGL Thunder on youtube, damn!
That's good cleans and tight distortion!
somewhat like a Modded Laney...but better
and it only goes for like 1099 bucks.
Man I hope theres a place where live that sells ENGL's and that model :S
The ENGL Thunder will suit you nicely, the Mark III is also great.
Quote by Tempoe
The ENGL Thunder will suit you nicely, the Mark III is also great.

Yeah, I think so too!
The only thing that kind of sucks is there's only one EQ for all 3(?) channels(clean,crunch and lead? correct me if im wrong) but for a grand thats kicks the crap out of some of the amps in the price range. as said before i just hope theres a dealer in the area I live in with the model :S
hey ive done some research and it's now between the ENGL Thunder vs. the ENGL Screamer combo.
its not much of a price difference. should i go the extra mile and get the screamer?