Hey guys, for those of you that dont know (i usually hang around in acoustic), i play the blues, and was wondering what a good guitar for playing them would be.

I already own a strat and an alvarez acoustic, and i dont want the pups to sound too hot. Some of my mates say that a tele has a cool bluesy twang sound but i was wondering wha you guys would think.

Preferably under the 1,000 dollar range, although im not getting another guitar for awhile unless i find a killer used deal anyway.

On an unrelated note: I was wondering if a paul reed smith SE would sound good with vintage pickups (not hums) on it.
I'd probably go with a Tele too
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I know this is going to sound crazy, but i dont want a cheaper "good brand guitar" like the 579 version of a paul reed smith almost seems.....cheap...... cant really describe it but it jsut seems like the cheapest version of a guitar (gretsches cheapest is like 600) your jsut not getting what you could get for like 200 more.
Check some of these!

I played one of these and it simply wailed on some blues. They're dope for slide too, just slap some a higher gauge on there and you get some sick tension with a nice low action. Try one first though!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
I'e seen those, but as far as i can tell theres no dealers in STL. Theres no way in HELL im going to buy a guitar without playing it first, too.
Quote by stratdud39

Well if i get a tele i wanted it to look like the original version with the metal cylinder hardware and the smaller pickguard. Thats not descriptive i know http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516035 link.
Quote by Dragon05555
Well if i get a tele i wanted it to look like the original version with the metal cylinder hardware and the smaller pickguard. Thats not descriptive i know http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516035 link.

i was just recomending it cuz teles are a lot like strats so you wouldnt really be getting such a new type of guitar.
There ARE differences, teles are warmer, more rythm guitars, ect. smaller differences.
I'm not recomending the thinline cuz its a tele, just because i've played it and it'll open up new doors and crap like that
It definitely depends on what kinda blues you're playing. I've an SRV sig series strat that's great for more ramped-up 'n powerful blues, but for something more classic and mellow, anything that the people above said, a thinline tele, or some kinda gibson semi are both great for that
You could go with a Strat and slap some vintage pups in it. Very bluesy sounding guitar especially in the second and four positions.

ES-335 wouldn't do you wrong either, same with a Gretsch Electromatic. Both guitars that take well to some bend heavy blues work.
i dont know about the electromatic because my ibanez is almost exactly like it but cheaper. Idk about the ES though. Very cool guitar.
unfortunately my dad doesnt want me to/ wont let me change anything on my guitar next to the pick-guard and knobs, because anything else would mean actual work and he just hates to do that. He would have to solder stuff for me, he een has a soldering tool, because he solders for a LIVING, but he doesnt want to do it. he thinks i want new pups because the old ones dont work anymore or something (wtf?)
Get an ES-335, Epi Dot, Artcore, Gretsch, or some kind of semi-hollow like that. Either with P90 pickups (which I would suggest first), or humbuckers.
I heartily suggest P90s as well. The SG Classic I played with a set of Gibson '90s in there just screamed with a little fuzz.
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Thinline Telecaster

Or....

www.eastwoodguitars.com

You WON'T be disappointed!
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab