Well the other guitarist in my band needed to get his guitar set-up and was to lazy to go into the city, where we know the techs. So i said why not just try Guitar Center? So he goes drops it off, leaving the store face palming himself because he's going to pay $90 for a set up. So, he calls the tech on the fallowing Monday (he dropped it off on Friday) and says it's not ready, try again Wednesday. So he calls again...once again, try again on Friday. Friday comes, still not ready. Now he has to leave to up to Boston for a little and comes back today and calls...Guy at Guitar Center: "...Not ready, call on Monday(refering to Dec. 21)"

so now where both like, what the ****!. His pissed because he hasn't had his guitar for 3 weeks, and we haven't been able to really play. So UG, what do you think? Where thinking of going in, asking the clerk, then talk to the manager, and try and get what we can.
just get it back guitar center rips people off

look up on the internet on doing it or something
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
he should just go there and get his guitar. take it else where. i had a guy who was going to fix my guitar once, he was taking to long. when i went there and told him i wasnt going to wait any longer, and that i was going to take it else where, he fixed it right then and there.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Go in there, and ask to talk to a manager, and threaten to start shopping some where else, and you will get a free set up.

I do it at Guitar Center all the time, because we don't have any other real choices here, so I just work on them all the time.
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin x100b, Epip VJr, Crate V33
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
I would go in and complain and see what happens. But generally they dont care. But its a blessing because god knows what they would have messed up on the guitar. Always take it to a tech man. I have seen GC mess up a string job, I cant imagine what they would do on a setup. Theres nothing like having it setup by someone that knows what there doing. Even guys that know how to setup there stuff and are surrounded by GC's still bring me there guitars to get setup. Its a common fact GC is the devil.... lol
i agree very much. im lucky though, theres this nice used music store fairly close to me, and one of the guys who works there is in a band with my brother.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
The employees aren't officially trained in setting up. They are about as able as you are when it comes to it. I know when I asked one of them about set ups and they were saying how they had a few people that have done it and how he himself knew some stuff enough to do fairly basic things for a setup but they are in no way super-professionals like techs who do it for a living.
Lame. A setup should be within 2-3 days max. Complain and it should be free.
Also threaten to take it to cooperate? I think they have a number for complaints about the store...
just to give some more info, there tech guy only comes in on Monday, Wednesday and Friday...
your guitar player should grow a set of nuts and learn how to set up a guitar himself. I've set up my gibsons, G&L, and fender jbass and they all play fantastic and have almost no intonation. A guy who sets up guitar after guitar is going to give you a half ass job, so just do it yourself. Only you know what you really want.
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
your guitar player should grow a set of nuts and learn how to set up a guitar himself. I've set up my gibsons, G&L, and fender jbass and they all play fantastic and have almost no intonation. A guy who sets up guitar after guitar is going to give you a half ass job, so just do it yourself. Only you know what you really want.

guess which part of that makes me think you dont know what your doing.

if you guess "it has almost no intonation" then you are correct.
its not a matter of "having intonation or not having intonation," but rather, getting the intonation correct.

so, what did we learn today?
if your going to be a dick to someone by saying things like, "dude, grow a pair. OMG!!!!!!ELEVEN," then you better at least know what your talking about, or someone will tear you a new a-hole. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Its simple your friend needs to get a pair and say give me back my #%&*ing guitar now finished or not. Then learn to do it himself, it isnt that hard to do, or take it to a decent shop.
i'm pretty sure his friend has a pair, and is just trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the tech, and not be an asshole. I appreciate whats going on now, so I would go there and complain, but you dont' have to be an ass about it. Like honestly, i can see why there are so many pricks out there, look at all the negative responses.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
You live near a major metro. There should be at least 100 guitar shops, the smaller ones, that will do a set up a hell of lot cheaper and quicker then GC or any of the other chains.

Google New York City guitar shops. Once you find a place you like and get established they can probably do it while you wait.
I work at GC in Raleigh. Our tech does setups for $25 and he gets them done same day or next day latest. I dunno, y'alls Guitar Center perhaps sucks? Which one is it?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by chea_man

its not a matter of "having intonation or not having intonation," but rather, getting the intonation correct.

if your going to be a dick to someone by saying things like, "dude, grow a pair. OMG!!!!!!ELEVEN," then you better at least know what your talking about, or someone will tear you a new a-hole. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Win. Flawless victory.

/thread
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by chea_man

bro. excuse my lack of using correct vocab. I did mean correct intonation, my brain is just fried from finals week.
i can set my guitar up in roughly 20 minutes.

3 weeks... is unacceptable.

unless GC only has 1 tech and had 432 guitars to set up before yours.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
yeah, honestly just sit down and **** around with the truss rod until you get the tightness you want, then adjust the height of the the bridge to adjust the amount of buzz you want (honestly, the pickups wont pick up a certain amount of buzz, so you don't have to go buzz free. Just make sure the buzz isn't affecting your sustain or tonal qualities of that note). Finally adjust the saddles to correct intonation.