I've been playing for a while, and I've noticed a huge trend of cheap guitars. A lot of them are generic and low quality(like Jackson pros and the Squire series), while others are out of this world. The funny thing is, however, is that there could actually be a chance that they might be too good to be true. For example; a Jackson Dinky with a licensed Floyd Rose is 700, while a B.C. Rich is the same, with and original, and it has abalone binding. I have a list og guitars here that i need your overall impressions. Some you know, others you might not. Do you actually think these guitars should cost 2x as much?

Here are some:

B.C. Rich DLXJRVO

Schecter C-1 FR

Ibanez S470

LTD EC-1000

All Kramer Strikers

If you guys find any guitar that you think is too good to be true, please post it to make sure.
Quote by stratdud39
Out of those, i'd honesty get the B.C. Rich, those Jr. Vs are amazing.

Somebody who obviously didnt read the first post lol

Anyway its a silly question, who wants to pay more? The guitars are cheaper because of cheaper woods, cheaper hardware and cheaper labour. Plus you usually pay a premium for well known brands like gibson or PRS, i couldnt see many others charging their sort of prices for admitadly beautiful but still production guitars. Plus you need to have a big name before you can charge the big bucks. Somethings worth what somebody will pay for it, so im sure they have priced it competitively.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
well, the bc rich is made of a cheaper body wood. less tone, but less money. binding costs a couple bucks to put on and it doesn't really affect the tone. i don't consider that a feature worth mentioning. plus, good luck playing while sitting with that body shape.
in some cases, the fancy finish or the maple veneer jumps the price up. but schecters are always very reasonably priced for how good they look and sound.
that LTD is more expensive because set neck guitars are more labor intensive to build, which costs the company more money. but they sound great.
Last edited by gonzosrevenge55 at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by Snapple
Somebody who obviously didnt read the first post lol

Anyway its a silly question, who wants to pay more? The guitars are cheaper because of cheaper woods, cheaper hardware and cheaper labour. Plus you usually pay a premium for well known brands like gibson or PRS, i couldnt see many others charging their sort of prices for admitadly beautiful but still production guitars. Plus you need to have a big name before you can charge the big bucks. Somethings worth what somebody will pay for it, so im sure they have priced it competitively.

wow
i thouht this was a which guitar thread lol
wups
Quote by stratdud39
wow
i thouht this was a which guitar thread lol
wups

Hehe, its all right

Lets be honest, lots of the threads are which guitar threads anyway, and when you see a list sometimes its a reflex
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
well i can tell that that schecter is absolutely amazing..

i've never tried any of the others
Quote by Snapple
Hehe, its all right

Lets be honest, lots of the threads are which guitar threads anyway, and when you see a list sometimes its a reflex

haha
yeah there have been a ton lately cuz of the holidays
Well, I've played a lot of them. Let me tell you, you are probably thinking of Jacksons or Epiphones. There are a lot of companies that use premium wood, and high-end parts to their guitars. Don't mention Gibson here. No seriously, don't. I've done my research, and from personal experience, I realize that Gibson doesn't even try anymore. I just think that some guitars are underpriced. I recall there was this ASM model, by B.C. Rich, thats costed $700. A few months later, they jacked it up to $830, and people were still happy. Samething with some Ibanez guitars. I honestly believe that with a lot of companies, you're just buying the name.