Page 1 of 2
I've noticed something around my area....most of the metalheads and such are generally really cool people, and are good to help anyone who needs help, and just give you hand if you need it.

The preppy indie/hip hop kids tend to be complete assholes, and make fun of anyone and everyone.

The gangster rap kids tend to try and be hard, but in reality they're just little pushovers that cant hold their own in a fight. No help whatsoever from them.

The band people tend to be quite nice as well....

So, is it just me, or are the people who are less socially accepted generally a lot nicer to everyone? I even noticed it here, many metalheads are actually really cool people.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

yeah...same in my area.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
yeah...same in my area.

+1..
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
It's only chavs around here who tend to be knob heads. All the other sub-cultures are generally friendly.
Quote by Robbie n strat
It's only chavs around here who tend to be knob heads. All the other sub-cultures are generally friendly.

Too bad you can't just turn the knob to "0"
Same in my area as well the metalheads like me are honestly some of the smartest nicest people ive met its usually the preps and people who follow trends that are complete asses
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
that is pretty much how it works
because metalheads are nice
because guitar is the path to inner peace and salvation
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by Siege of Power
that is pretty much how it works
because metalheads are nice
because guitar is the path to inner peace and salvation

+1

also lads are inbred swine
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
****IN RIGHT MAN!!!!! Metalheads are where its at, I am considered to be in the "in" group at my school and am the only metalhead in it and recieve many satan jokes, but your statement is true.
Not so much the case around here. I've noticed the thing about the indie folks though. Some of them are very asshole-ish, but some of them are some of the coolest people I've met.
Generally pretty true in my area too.

Maybe it has something to do with letting out your inner asshole through your music rather than on others.
most metalheads I know are also cool mellow people. And most people who listen to rap are arrogant pricks.

I myself am a nice person also, until you piss me off, then it's heavens and monkeyballs!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
same around here

example. today a dog was running away from a woman who was walking another dog. I stopped the dog and gave it back to her

I love being kind
Only the blue sky and the green grass
Go on forever in this world
Where seconds feel like eternity
And years pass in blink of an eye
Metalheads are generally pricks to me The ones on here are usually pretty cool though

The nicest people I've met are my mates with the huge influences that span rap, jazz and nu-metal =/

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
yeah, the gangster kids and the scene kids are all stuck up and hate everyone else. thats why all my best friends are metalheads
Quote by burndttoast
Not so much the case around here. I've noticed the thing about the indie folks though. Some of them are very asshole-ish, but some of them are some of the coolest people I've met.

Indie kids are the nicest definatly round my area.
Quote by beetroot10
i went out with a chubby girl once she kept asking me if she could eat my mars bar
Quote by boreamor
I've noticed that there are nice people regardless of the label.

Took the words right out of my keyboard.
Metalheads in my area were really stupid and jackasses most of the time. Theives and stuff too. Man, I must have the bad end of the metalhead-stick.

But other than that, your observation is generally correct.
I think we have a candidate for the most generalizing thread award of 2008.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
. . .

Just no.

I just talk to anyone and judge each person on their own, rather than labeling, im not to fond of it, society loves to put things in a little box and put a sticker on it. Its quite annoying.
yeah same, it's just that in my area, most of the Metalheads are dicks and usually the band people are the nice ones. (I'm both band and metal
Have Heart

xXx STRAIGHT EDGE xXx

//Are you as think as i drunk you are?//

Quote by DrPants PhD

-Some pregnant teacher threw up on my sister, lawl.
OWNED
oh god no, majority of people in my area fall into the 'indie/preppy' kid group you describe, and funnily enough they vary from dickhead to nice peeps, however the few people that listen to metal in my school, are freaking wierdos, they all either are socially inept or have some sort of disorder, but tbh i listen to metal and reasonably well balanced and so are my friends.

SO i think the morale of this long and rather pointless story is that you can't really put people into groups.

/stating the obvious.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Saying that most metal heads are nice is about as well supported statement as 'most metal heads are satanists'.

I have yet to see any study which suggests that there is even a correlation (not cause) between preferred musical genre and 'niceness'.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by boreamor
I've noticed that there are nice people regardless of the label.

Sorry, didnt mean to label.

I just noticed something, and I thought I'd share I'm not a stereotyper, I just worded it in an easy to explain way is all.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Alot of 'Dance' & 'R&B' people here in Eastern-Flanders... They're assholes (most of them)
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
Most of the metalheads in my school are alrite, there are some that i cant stand, some that arent in high school anymore that are total assholes. I know a few indie kids that are cool, personally im more aligned with the people that play general rock and they're all nice kids

i cant stand the pop punk types in my area. all full of themselves all annoying.
To be honest most people are pretty nice, obviously you get some lemons who couldn't bring themselves to smile if their life depended on it. Even the chavs don't seem to give me hassle.
Which is the exact opposite of when i was in Secondary school.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
I've met more prick metalheads than prick gangsters.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Most people are nice I find, about half of the metalheads I've met have all been annoying and pretentious to people who don't like metal and pretty damn anti-social but the other half were really nice. I don't think it matters what group people in, there will be nice people and assholes in every group but I find nice people usually outnumber the assholes.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Dec 17, 2008,
I find that every subculture has its bad eggs but the majority are quite nice. The only exception has been scene kids, but they're usually ok as long as you don't talk to them for longer than 5 minutes at a time.
XIAOXI
Yeah, people who arent "popular" tend to be lower on the douchebag scale.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
yeah. i thought this was obvious. well. it is at my school. and only half the cheerleaders people like cause the other half are dimwits and there dads beat them. and GO BAND! except band people arnt that nice to each other. they have a hate for at least one other person. lol. we have had fights in band.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Polka people are obviously the nicest.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Page 1 of 2