Hey, surprise!!!

Arent you glad this thread aint about my tone?

Anyway, I live in a small town, granted.

But why doesnt GC or other stores get new stuff in? its all the same stuff, all the time.

WHY?
If it works, why change it?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
When I saw this thread I said,"Oh god." But! that's neither here nor there.

I think the quickest and most accurate route to your answer would be asking GC themselves.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Soul Eater

Then why does Gibson still make 20+ variants of Les Pauls and SGs
Ibanez STM1
Ibanez Iceman
Digitech Artist Series Dan Donegan 'The Weapon'
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider 3 30 Watt Modeling Amp
*Ahem*
If something else works better, consider changing it.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Soul Eater

why change what?

when you say IT, what are you refering to?
What they carry, if they sell what they carry why get different stuff?
Quote by Soul Eater
*Ahem*
If something else works better, consider changing it.

I'll go with this guy! Lol. Like maybe hiring employees that aren't carbon copies of the same pretentious douchebag?
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by fastlanestoner
I'll go with this guy! Lol. Like maybe hiring employees that aren't carbon copies of the same pretentious douchebag?

I think that's something all music stores tend to have in common.
It also has to do with what stores in the area are selling a certain thing. My GC cant sell Orange amps because there is store down the street or something that sells orange amps and so the manufacturer refuses to sell any to the GC.
Quote by Chaos Nil
It also has to do with what stores in the area are selling a certain thing. My GC cant sell Orange amps because there is store down the street or something that sells orange amps and so the manufacturer refuses to sell any to the GC.

I don't think GC carries orange amps.....
Hmm, well as far as I know the person that works there was telling me that was one of the reasons why they couldn't carry them at my local one at least.

Edit: At least I think it was Orange... I might be mistaken but it was a fairly good amp brand.
There a major chain, what do you expect......

Think of it this way, when something new comes out there not just pushing it to one store like a mom and pop shop. They have to push it to thousands of stores. So your not dealing with well maaa that high end amp over there didnt sell we lost about 3 grand on the deal. Your talking about Steve there not buying the high end amps we shipped to the stores, what the hell. We loss $300,000+ and thats low ballin it if they only shipped off one of those amps to each store. Its just business man... You have to look at it on a corporations stand point. Our economy is sh!t canned for a reason right now, perfect example of what im talking about is GM. Its new they must want it, ship out 50 to each dealer now.....
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Dec 17, 2008,
Quote by Chaos Nil
Hmm, well as far as I know the person that works there was telling me that was one of the reasons why they couldn't carry them at my local one at least.

Edit: At least I think it was Orange... I might be mistaken but it was a fairly good amp brand.

it may have been mesa. they are dicks when it comes to that stuff.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by IbanezPsycho

Think of it this way, when something new comes out there not just pushing it to one store like a mom and pop shop. They have to push it to thousands of stores. So your not dealing with well maaa that high end amp over there didnt sell we lost about 3 grand on the deal. Your talking about Steve there not buying the high end amps we shipped to the stores, what the hell. We loss $300,000+ and thats low ballin it if they only shipped off one of those amps to each store. Its just business man... You have to look at it on a corporations stand point. Our economy is sh!t canned for a reason right now, perfect example of what im talking about is GM. Its new they must want it, ship out 50 to each dealer now.....

+1
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by IbanezPsycho

Well, what they will do is ship it to SOME and see how it sells. If it sells, they ship out more. They "Test" their merchandice at some stores before they actually decide if its worth it. If your lucky, you might have one of those stores.

It also seems like my GC holds a lot of Ibanez, Epiphone, Jackson, guitars. They don't usually carry any other by any other name. Same with amps. The only ones you find are Line 6, Peavey, Mashall. They have none of the cubes out on display there.
Just the way places like that are run. They carry high profit high sales items. If its a slow mover or they really dont make anything selling em then they arent going to carry it. If they dont have it they just try to steer you to something they do have or make more money on. Doenst matter if its what you wanted or needed they make a sale, next.