Okay, so I am borrowing my friends Epiphone Les Paul, and i have borrowed it before, and it has played fine. However, this time, something is amiss with it.

Whenever I have the guitar in tune with all of the open strings, it's out of tune when I go to play a fretted chord.

How do I fix this?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Intonate that sucker
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Snapple
Intonate that sucker

I've done that before, but it's been a while.
How exactly do adjust the intonation on a Les-Paul type guitar?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
click the green link in my sig. answer in first post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'd look up a guide, but basically for a tune-o-matic

1: Tune Open Strings
2: Fret on 12th Fret
3: Adjust that strings saddle, move saddle towards the nut for a higher pitch, move the saddle away from the neck to get a lower pitch, and get that in tune
4: Recheck your Open strings tuning

You move the saddles by the little screws in em, you need a small screwdriver really

EDIT: JJ1565s guide will be far more helpful, take a look at that
the strings have to be brand new too. dont bother doing the intonation unless you just put the strings on, dirty\old strings won't intonate
Okay. I followed the guide, and I've gotten the bottom two strings intonated properly.
However, the G-string is too high, and it's as far back in the saddle as it will go.
What do I do here?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
I dont know any easy answer for that, as ideally you would need the bridge moved further away from the neck. The only thing i could think of helping would to raise the action a bit to try and give a bit more distance between bridge and nut but I would wait and see if anyone else has a better idea than that.
Quote by Snapple
I dont know any easy answer for that, as ideally you would need the bridge moved further away from the neck. The only thing i could think of helping would to raise the action a bit to try and give a bit more distance between bridge and nut but I would wait and see if anyone else has a better idea than that.

Okay. That sounds like the logical thing to do, but I'll wait.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
if the saddle is pointed towards the headstock, then you can flip it so it points away, giving you more room.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011